“Disappointing, less creative & friendly than expected”
Review of Mere

Mere
Reserve with OpenTable
Mere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 25 288 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$46 - US$85
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I came here with high expectations, based on feedback from others. Unfortunately, it missed by a wide mark. We entered to meet a dour receptionist who seemed bored and unwilling to smile. After some encouragement she took our coats and we soon were escorted down to our table. I found the wine list okay but the guidance provided in navigating the list and the service in general was fair at best. Our main course took significantly longer than expected - some nearby tables that arrived after us were through their entrees and mains by the time we asked up about ours for the 2nd time. I also found surprisingly little variance between some of the dishes - there were two of us that had a different main but the sauce and side was essentially exactly the same. The pricing was high for the level of indifference of the staff and the other issues - seems like the restaurant has some menu and and staffing issues to sort out. I cannot really recommend it - I would rather visit Roka or Ham Yard Hotel or someplace else for better service, wine, and food.

1  Thank JPhilly

Reviewed 2 April 2018

A pre holiday treat with our daughter and her boyfriend who live in London. Luxurious setting with great pre dinner cocktails and the food is just fabulous. Perfect for when you want to spoil yourself.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

A friend and I went for the set lunch as we do regularly in good restaurants and we were disappointed with very limited choice e.g. Dessert was a chocolate concoction or the alternative was cheese with a supplement of £6 and although the service was ok not of the standard I would have expected.

1  Thank Zebedee65
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Warmly welcomed and served a fantastic cocktail- gin with amaretto/blackberries/raspberries and elderflower syrup- it was divine. We went for the tasting menu and wine flight.
They were very accommodating for my fussy cheese hating husband. The meal was by far the best I ever had. Every single component of every course was excellent. I was very impressed by the level of service from the staff, they couldn’t have been more friendly and accommodating. The high ratio of staff ensured we had tip top service throughout. I wouldn’t hesitate to highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Had a meal for two at Mere on a Saturday. Had pre-drinks upstairs in a nice quiet bar area but oh dear, we were put right next to a private dining area full of drunken people who'd clearly had lots to drink and were now shouting and braying with laughter. On and on the noise went, and our polite complaints continued, until the very young staff finally twigged that they should close the door now and again. Every couple of minutes the door was opened and the renewed blast of noise from the drunken diner hit the rest of us. Despite our complaints, during and after the meal, it never even registered with young staff that our meal for two had been like sitting next to council roadworks. With staff as dim as this, (or perhaps they'd lost their hearing) the whole layout with private dining should be reconsidered. Our treatment was very poor. Until they get things like this sorted out, this place should be avoided.

1  Thank punter927