“Fantastic experience, amazing food, great service”
Review of Trishna

Trishna
Ranked #970 of 24 667 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$66 - US$93
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: Located in the heart of London’s Marylebone Village, Trishna delivers a contemporary taste of south west Indian coastal cuisine, whilst also offering a wine list focused on emerging regions and fine wines. The informal and pared back aesthetic of the interiors are offset with antique mirrors, marble table tops and banquette seating. Trishna’s private dining room seats up to 12 guests in informal and discrete surroundings with the wine cellar setting the ideal backdrop for any occasion. Trishna was awarded a Michelin star in 2012.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went out and decided to try Trishna.
That was the perfect way to treat ourself with the best Indian food and great location.
I felt thoroughly pampered by the staff who was the right balance of friendliness and professionalism.
We chose to sit outside in a beautifully set up terrace. There is an inviting and delicate aroma of spices, you can smell from far.
When our food arrived, our expectations continued to be exceeded. The Dorset Crab and Tandoori Lamb Chops were delightful. We couldn't stop eating.
Please do not leave without trying the dessert. Try any of them or all of them if you can!
By the end of the meal we were planning our next visit!
To be honest there was nothing I didn't like. Thank you to all the staff that made certain that we had everything we needed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m a Trishna fan (see my previous reviews!). The lamb shank I had there a couple of years ago was to absolutely die for. So I looked forward to meeting visit last week. Alas, I was to be disappointed. The food is still pretty darn good - the curries, the rice, etc. The service this time around? Much to be desired. For instance:
- no pappadums brought to our table (all other tables got it)
- no real explanation of the menu or recommendations
- no ask if we wanted starters
- no ask for a wine order (sacrilege) until the mains showed up (30 min after we sat down)
- no ask on dessert orders

They were pretty busy and on a nice evening so the outside tables were taken as well. Perhaps that’s why. But they have a Michelin star; the prices are high; and I think they should have done better. And if they keep this up, that Star is in jeopardy. Pick it up, Trishna!

2  Thank AUROBINDO S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I absolutely love Indian food and had high expectation given Trishna’s one Michelin star. Food however wasn’t too tasty - been there just two weeks ago but I’m struggling to remember what I had. Having said that, if you choose right food from the menu, it could be good - I say that because there was a family sitting close to us who seemed to be visiting London from India (no, I’m not nosy - just was impossible to miss their phone conversation with someone in India done using face time on Speaker mode! Whole restaurant heard it) and seemed very happy about all the food they ordered.

1  Thank HnD2
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is an absolutely terrific place to spend a couple of hours enjoying excellently prepared Southern Indian food. We greatly enjoyed the multi-course prix fixe menu and if you dine there and see lamb chop as an option, definitely pick it. The lamb is marinated in a special seasoning and then roasted to perfection. The restaurant is a continent away from where I live, but definitely plan to go back on my next trip to London.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Apologies to say that they don't serve good food at all. I am not even talking about authentic Indian food (which you can get at home only) but Trishna's food was not even close to tasty food at all. I went with my friends but we left without ordering much.

I am not trying to be harsh on my comment but I cannot write anything good...

1  Thank Ankita S