“it was alright... but I wasn't impressed.”
Review of StreetXO

StreetXO
Ranked #1 627 of 23 821 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$34 - US$272
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: The food at StreetXO blurs the lines between European, Asian and South American cuisines with dishes derived from street food that are as familiar as they are unexpected but most importantly, delicious.
Reviewed 21 June 2019

My partner and I visited StreeXO for his birthday back in January. Overall the food was excellent, specially the oysters and pig's ear dumplings. However... it was very stressful.

The menus are very overwhelming with all those exclamation marks! Staff was not very attentive and it was difficult to understand them (I am a Spaniard and my husband is from New Zealand), so there was a point that the waitress was so stuck that she ended up explaining to the dishes in Spanish with me translating into English for my husband to understand. Note that my husband is a chef and this was my birthday gift for him - don't get me wrong, again, food was good but the whole experience was a bit disappointing.

When you pay £187 for two tasting menus and no wine (just beer, Alhambra Especial is just unbeatable) you just expect "a little bit more" - better costumer service, attention to detail, decoration (tbh it's a bit tacky, strange tasteless mix of steampunk and industrial) and able to communicate .

I really don't care about how much I spend on food, but obviously when you are sold "an experience" like this the expectations are set quite high... and in all honesty it didn't quite meet mine.

Date of visit: January 2019
5  Thank MariaSommer87
Write a reviewReviews (1 247)

61 - 65 of 1 247 reviews

Reviewed 20 June 2019 via mobile

We decided to came to StreetXO to celebrate a friend birthday and Simon was an amazing host, he described in detail some of the incredible dishes. Was a incredible experience and we definitely come back, delicious food and wonderful wine from Penedès que no es un pene al revés.

Reviewed 18 June 2019 via mobile

Loved having lunch here the other day. Everything was simply divine. Yes, it is pricey, but the food is delicious. If you happen to be in the neighborhood, check it out; you will not be disappointed. And prepare to be dazzled and have your tastebuds dance in awe.

1  Thank NajiE_12
Reviewed 15 June 2019

Fancy menu descriptions n prices to match raised our expectation but the delivery was so very disappointing - flavours, spiciness n saltiness very 'in your face' - lots of plating effort playing w very small portions - just a look at their pricey paella makes the point... and don't sit close to the open kitchen cos the cooking will haunt your wardrobe all day...

2  Thank Pinnacle Y
Reviewed 14 June 2019 via mobile

Went for dinner with my wife and son and was not disappointed. Yes it is pricey but the food is excellent and the cocktails were great, particularly the smokey Negroni! We went for the tasting menu and would definitely recommend it. Will come back.

1  Thank W3601TYfranks