“Amazing Sunday lunch”

The Foyer At Claridge's
Reserve with OpenTable
The Foyer At Claridge's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 25 561 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$200
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it's the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Our daughters booked Sunday lunch for us as a 25th wedding anniversary treat. The menu was very varied. I chose beef chateaubriand which was lovely and the portion size was just right. Dessert was equally as impressive and I opted for the lemon knickerbocker glory. They also gave us a selection of complimentary cakes for our anniversary. The service was the best that I have experienced and when our bill was slightly over the amount of our gift voucher they waived the amount. It was a treat to eat in a restaurant where the staff were genuinely happy to serve you and provide top quality service. We would highly recommend and will certainly be visiting again.

Jim_P_Lyons, Food and Beverage Manager at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear westie17,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your visit to The Foyer and Reading Room for Sunday lunch. I was delighted to read that your daughters have chosen Claridge's for such a special occasion. The team and I appreciate your comments in regard to the quality of service you have received. It is most certainly welcomed and we look forward to welcoming you back for future special occasions.

Food and Beverage Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1 358)

42 - 46 of 1 358 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I went for a private dinner in the Foyer private room. Turning up at Claridge's is always a treat. It is beautifully done up. The only slight negative is that the Foyer Private room is not overly large which meant that navigating around to talk to people is not terribly easy, but the room and the rest of the hotel is delightful.

The food was very good. I had smoked salmon, lobster risotto and strawberry mouse. Each of these dishes was very tasty and light, which meant I didn’t feel overly full despite having three courses.

The waiting staff were unobtrusive, yet very attentive. All in all it was a great experience.

Dear Londontripadviser,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Foyer and Reading Room. I appreciate the kind words you have used in describing the interior and design of the room. I will of course be sharing your positive comments with both the service and culinary teams.

I do hope that there is the opportunity for you to return in the not too distant future.

With Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The only down point I would say is you don't get as many different cakes offered to you compared to when I went to The Savoy. However, the atmosphere in the latter wasrather dead in comparison to Claridge's. The service at Claridge's was great - we had a really lovey friendly Asian lady serving us. The cakes and scones are of course fantastic. You can order as many refills as you want (once you move to the next course you cannot order refills from the previous course) and you can ask for a doggy bag.

Dear Josephine_UK16,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Claridge's for afternoon tea. I was delighted to read that the team have offered such great service and we of course look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I invited two friends to what I hoped would be a special meal in The Foyer at Claridge's. I am grateful to the chefs and the service staff for making it the best meal any of us has had.
I did let them know I hoped it would be very special and it was from the moment we arrived at the main entrance being very warmly welcomed by the door staff.
We were shown to our table in The Reading Room which immediately boded well because that is where Claridge's place VIP's. Glen told us that there would not be a menu as the chefs had devised the meal for us. Not knowing what you are getting to eat adds to the excitement and as each dish was perfectly cooked and presented the pleasure.
The food was out of this world. Mark doesn't really like rice pudding but did try one of the deserts which had a rice pudding base..... he is now sold on Claridge's rice pudding.
The service was absolutely perfect being attentive without being intrusive.
I hoped for a fantastic experience for the three of us... it wasn't fantastic... It was better than fantastic.

Dear cssatl,

Thank for sharing such kind comments following your visit to The Foyer and Reading Room. It was with great pleasure I have shared your review with both the front of house and culinary teams. We all pass our gratitude and are overwhelmed by the appreciation you have shown. As a loyal guest of the restaurant I am sure we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I’m speechless. The whole experience was so very special. I can’t believe the attention to every detail. Our food was out of this world- literally & our every whim was catered for, especially our request for organic wine. They did better than that

Dear Joanne B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Claridge's. The team and I appreciate the kind comments which you have shared. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit in the not too distant future.