“Bad Service - would not recommend ”
Review of Beit elzaytoun

Beit elzaytoun
Ranked #11 694 of 25 285 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped by for refreshments after a bicycle ride into London and thought that this place looks cosy when we cycled past. So in the way back we decided to stop for tea and coffee. The outside area was not busy at all and we sat at the open air area, but then got told we cannot sit there. If we want to sit there we have to pay £8 per person, it was not even full or reserved. So we moved to the inside. We waited about 15 min to order our drinks. The staff pretty much ignored us. We had to ask several times for the drinks. About 25 min later we finally got out our coffee, ice tea and milkshake. Really unfriendly staff and not good customer service at all. I would not go there ever again and not recommend this place. They are also smoking shisha and cigarettes inside whilst children are around.

4  Thank Nadine L

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I went there with my husband, for dinner and shisha , food was amazing and the shisha too, the only thing the service was quite slow , but overall good ! We'll be back

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Worst worst and worst experience ever.Disgusting attitude from the stuff.Not even given training them for how to behave to the customer.We came all the way from out of London and had the worst service.Never again!!!
PS:Adrienne (waiter) is the only good person in the house.Well done!

4  Thank Semra Y
Reviewed 29 May 2018

On Saturday 26th May, myself along with my friend, sister and husband went to the restaurant to open our fast. My husband had made the booking the day before and we ordered food from the original menu as oppose to the set iftaar menu, this was sent via text to the manager (Vicky). The order was: Arayes, Sambousek, Two shish taouk with chips and two mixed grills with rice.

As we arrived we were greeted and seated in the shisha seating area. We were not provided with dates or water (which we had ordered) even though fast had already opened and everyone else had dates (unusual). After a short while we asked a few of the waiters and finally Ala came over and informed us that the food would arrive after 10 mins as the order hadn't been put through (Vicky's responsibility). We were very patient, as we are taught to be in the Holy month of Ramadan. Shortly after asking several times , Ala brought out some dates and water and we opened our fast (later than expected).

Our food finally arrived and one the employees gave us batata harra on the house and apologised for the delay, all was forgotten and we began to eat our dinner. Unusually the mixed grill portion looked smaller and we were given two big bowls of rice, even though my husband had confirmed these were sides alongside the mixed grill, which bearing in mind we have had before twice, we ate two spoonfuls from each. This was the third time I was ordering this dish, I had previously eaten it on Monday 7th May (Bank holiday) when I popped in with a friend for dinner. The food was very average and not as fresh as it should have been however at that point after fasting for the majority of the day we ate without complaining as we realised some of the staff were also fasting and we didn't want to disturb their iftaar. I took everything in my stride and stayed very calm.
After some time, we ordered two shishas and a pot of mint tea for 3. The tea was brought out in an instant and it was luke warm, however as we had began drinking it we didn't feel the need to ask for another pot (again, very average) At the same time, they had brought out some kibbeh and other pastries (we assumed these were complimentary as we hadn't ordered them, no one really ate them for that reason.
We smoked Double Apple (nakhla and fakher mixed) and Gum and mint, both very good shishas. Exceptional service from Ala and Alaa K, both extremely attentive and hospitable. I have been to this restaraunt several times, in fact I go here atleast once to twice a week, these two have never failed to put a smile on my face! I would go as far to say, Ala shoudld be promoted to manager!
The service in general is very average, even after many hiccups at this place, I still return with friends and family as I like the ambience (live entertainment from Majed Al Masri), The shisha is normally spot on! It was my friend's first time there and after half an hour she mentioned how appalling the service was!
As time went by, we were approached by Ala (who had been very attentive as usual) he reminded us that customers were arriving for Suhoor and it was 11:30, so we would have to leave. The bill was brought over to our table, and instantly a few things stood out to me like a sore thumb, these were as follows: Kibbeh, two bowls of rice and 3 teas at £7,80, this meant we had been charged for things we hadn't ordered.
I informed Ala of the errors on the bill and he asked us to go over to the till and discuss it with Vicky. My husband went over to the till and Vicky along with the hostess said they would take off the kibbeh but not the rice, To my surprise, my husband returned with this information and I was adamant that the rice should be taken off, as the dish was always served with rice.
After a few minutes, Vicky and the hostess approached me and informed me that they wouldn't be taking the rice off as the dish had never been served with rice before, I felt extremely intimidated as they both stood over me whilst I was sitting there, I explained to them that I had eaten the dish twice before and never had this issue, they just didn't believe me, I told them I knew exactly what I was saying was true and I was a regular there. The manager (Vicky) unprofessionally responded asking me why I'm angry? I was confused as to why she thought that, I am a professional and am fully capable of dealing with difficult individuals such as herself. She had a horrible, intimidating smirk on her face (most likely,due to the embarrassment) throughout the time she spoke to me. She asked if I wanted to see a menu and told me that she had been working there since it opened and the mixed grill had never been served with rice before. By this point I was absolutely flabbergasted at the manager's unprofessional and intimidating approach, I responded saying we will pay for the rice if that was their wish as they had caused such a scene already. Suddenly the hostess responded saying "No, it's ok you don't have to pay, we will take it off!" All of that, over two bowls of rice, something that could have been resolved calmly and sensibly. We left and went over to the till to pay, the hostess had her eyes fixated on me in a very aggressive manner and Vicky just stood there with a smirk on her face. After paying, I went to the toilet and my friend overheard both of them speaking about me (How immature?)

My advice to you:
If you aren't Lebanese, be prepared to be treated as if you are a second class citizen as the waiters walk around in their snobbish manner. I strongly believe this stems from poor leadership skills and a lack of knowledge/education!
The owners/ managers (Ayman and Vicky) lack the skills of how to run a successful long-term business, hence the high staff turnover and unhappy employees.Good luck to this unwelcoming beit (house) I know I will never return here again with any of my friends or family as I would rather uphold my pride and dignity instead!
May the Lord guide these people on the right path due to their lies and deceit in this Holy Month!

8  Thank sithrajahangir
Reviewed 18 May 2018

I almost swallowed a screw in my salad and chocked. I called to complain via uber but nothing was done. Thankfully I got a full refund and will NEVER eat here again.

3  Thank A G