“Cool place good eats”
Review of MBER

MBER
Reserve with OpenTable
MBER is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #305 of 24 268 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$56 - US$112
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: MBER can be found near Monument tube and Monument itself. And just as the area still echoes back to the Great Fire of London, so MBER reflects this momentous part of the capital's history. We're on the lane where the Fire actually started and we opened in the 350th anniversary year of the event itself. Inside we've interpreted the Great Fire with a distinctive design by Ross McNally, founder of Scarinish Studio. Glowing copper, charcoal metal, warm woods and shining candles all come together to create a striking yet intimate feel to this hidden restaurant bar. Everything in MBER whispers quality from the coffee to the cutlery to the cuisine. Our in-house chefs have created their own delicious pan Asian menu together with an extensive wine list and stunning signature cocktails. Everyone is welcome at MBER. From a quick lunch to a longer drink (or two), from wine tastings to corporate events, from engagement parties to work celebrations, we're here to make your time with us as memorable as it is wonderfully welcoming.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Dropped in for a Thursday lunchtime before Easter with a colleague by chance, stunned by the quality of some of the food. The soft shell crab was amazing, as was the aubergine. Other things not quite as amazing but all in all great place, atmospheric low ceilings and good decor. The cocktails the barman was building looked great got to come back in the evening.

1  Thank Nick H

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Superb meal. Prompt service and delicious and unusual pan-Asian tapas. The caperberry in tempura a highlight!

1  Thank Mackay556
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I stopped in here during a business trip... I will say, the entrance wasn't totally obvious and it was a little hard to find, but once inside, all good. First, the amazing drink. I had a 1666, which was a manhattan with wood smoke. The wood smoke stays in the glass, and slowly escapes over the sides, leaving a nice smokey flavour. Unique and delicious. Next up, some food. I had the fried chicken, broiled aubergine, and a crab steam bun. All were nicely prepared, tasty and delicious. The place had a club vibe, which I enjoyed as well... Would come back, but I did find the total bill a tad expensive.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We probably would not have ended up going here for dinner, had it not been close to our hotel. I searched online for a good restaurant int the financial district, and found MBER. Our son studies in London, and we especially went to see him and take him out for a belated birthday celebration.
The restaurant has a good vibe, the staff are helpful in advising how to choose from the Pan-Asian tapas menu. We tried a number of dishes: Slow roast lamb breast & edamame hummus, Wagyu beef and foie gras burger, ‘Weeping tiger’ fillet steak medallions, Freekah & potato kibbeh fritters, Honey roasted Kobacha pumpkin & buratta - all very tasty. We also had three different puddings, but without a doubt the yummiest of the three was the Frozen Lychee, lemongrass, white chocolate & vodka mousse!

1  Thank Eniko L
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I would probably rate this a three and half overall . it’s a rating based on an overall experience . The food was very good , the downside was the goat curry which was very tough and the bread was like a brick which made it very difficult to eat . Service good , cutlery good and drinks menus good with plenty of choice . I’m not sure what was missing here , but it was just missing that special feeling . It’s a little grubby , almost verging on the London posh bar feeling which smells of musty alcohol and has a slightly worn feeling . The toilets are grubby also . I read reviews of Michelin star experience and this is certainly a long way away from achieving this . I’m sure if you took the chef from this location and placed him in a better location with a better quality location and decor / service then it could be very achievable .

1  Thank alex c