All reviewsthe imperial war museumlondon apartmentfilm studioroyal suitewonderful hostscaptain's cabinlambeth north tube stationlondon eyeray joycebreakfast provisionsself containedelectric stovemini apartmentpaul s cathedralhome away from homebig benold vic
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We loved staying at Captain Bligh House. wonderful host. The rooms were superb, very clean and well maintained with lots of character. It is very central and easy for transport. It made our stay in london just perfect I would highly recommend it, we will return

Room Tip: all the suites are different we loved the royal style one
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Just back from a 5 day trip to London - got to Captain B's house and was warmly met by Gaynor and what a lovely woman she is. The apt we had was the Crows Nest - 67 steps up to the top of the house - everything was spotless and comfortable, The pictures show it as it is. Shops were very close by - the Lambeth North tube was on the doorstep. Gaynor even arranged a hair appointment for me. Everything went very well - would definitely go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: all are beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

If you are looking for charm. clean accommodations, privacy and a great location, this is an excellent choice. Although the bedroom was on the smaller side, the bed was comfortable and en-suite bathroom very adequate. The living area was very spacious and the kitchen well equipped for making your own meals. The hosts were warm, welcoming and knowledgeable. Transportation to all the London sights within minutes.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LacBromeSunshine
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We stayed in the 2nd floor "suite", which was very small for a suite. It was nice but I have several complaints. 1) Noise: We could hear people above us talking, showering and moving around. Luckily they were not night owls. 2) Bedroom; The bedroom is very small. There was only about a foot of room on either side of the bed to move around...not good. 3) Shower: Small is not the word. One could not pick up any soap if dropped. 4) Nick Nacks: I know I am picky but I thought there were a little too many "royal" nick nacks all over the suite. Royal family pillows, paintings, cups, books, souvenirs, sculptures, pictures...... just tooooo many. I know I may be over critical but this is my review. The place was OK, average, nothing spectacular. But I can recommend it.

Room Tip: Get the suite, it is small but bigger than the other rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank thomas n
Reviewed 20 September 2017

The hosts, Simon and Gayna, were very helpful and welcoming, accommodating our late booking for an 8 day stay by giving us the London suite for part of the stay and the Crowsnest Suite for the rest. The rooms were comfortable and large with a good view, and right across the street from the Imperial War Museum. We were more than amply provided with breakfast and snack material and the means to bring in groceries and prepare our own meals in a fully equipped kitchen area.

Within a few minutes walk we were crossing the Thames at either the Lambeth Bridge or the Westminster Bridge and into the heart of London. We found numerous pubs in the immediate area, all providing great food and ambiance. The nearest Underground station is less than 10 minutes away and there are several bus stops even closer. Waterloo Station is only a 15 minute walk. Groceries are available at a couple of local outlets and there is a pharmacy very close.

We have no reservation at all in giving highest ratings to Captain Bligh House or to Simon and Gayna. The quality of the accomodation, location and hosting were superb.

Stayed: September 2017