“Once again, perfection”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Captain Bligh House
Ranked #2 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2017

My fourth stay at the Captain Bligh House confirmed what I already knew – this is the absolute best place to stay in London. I was in the Royal Suite for nearly two weeks and, as always, everything was beautiful, comfortable, spotlessly clean and welcoming. Gayna and Simon greet guests like old friends (actually, they do feel like old friends to me). With every visit, I love to see the latest enhancements that have been made to their guest apartments. Each apartment’s decor has a theme and all are lovely – their website has lots of photos of each apartment to help you select the one that best suits you. I am especially partial to the Royal Suite as it really showcases the house’s historic architecture – those gorgeous windows overlooking the gardens of the Imperial War Museum are bigger than the front door at my Los Angeles apartment. It is also a real treat to have such a well-equipped kitchen while traveling.

As others have said, the Captain Bligh House is ideally located, close to subway and bus stops, with loads of attractions and activities within walking distance, but in a quiet neighborhood that isn’t at all touristy. One of my favorite ways to get re-acclimated to London (and beat jet lag) is to take a short walk up to the Thames at Westminster Bridge and then walk east along the south side of the river. The views are breathtaking – you will see Big Ben, Parliament, the London Eye, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Shakespeare’s Globe, the Tower of London, and more.

Combine comfort, history, charm, location, and the most lovable hosts imaginable, and you will understand why the Captain Bligh House is the perfect London home away from home. I am already plotting my next visit, and somehow know that Gayna and Simon will find a way to improve on perfection.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We loved staying at Captain Bligh House. wonderful host. The rooms were superb, very clean and well maintained with lots of character. It is very central and easy for transport. It made our stay in london just perfect I would highly recommend it, we will return

Room Tip: all the suites are different we loved the royal style one
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Just back from a 5 day trip to London - got to Captain B's house and was warmly met by Gaynor and what a lovely woman she is. The apt we had was the Crows Nest - 67 steps up to the top of the house - everything was spotless and comfortable, The pictures show it as it is. Shops were very close by - the Lambeth North tube was on the doorstep. Gaynor even arranged a hair appointment for me. Everything went very well - would definitely go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: all are beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

If you are looking for charm. clean accommodations, privacy and a great location, this is an excellent choice. Although the bedroom was on the smaller side, the bed was comfortable and en-suite bathroom very adequate. The living area was very spacious and the kitchen well equipped for making your own meals. The hosts were warm, welcoming and knowledgeable. Transportation to all the London sights within minutes.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LacBromeSunshine
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We stayed in the 2nd floor "suite", which was very small for a suite. It was nice but I have several complaints. 1) Noise: We could hear people above us talking, showering and moving around. Luckily they were not night owls. 2) Bedroom; The bedroom is very small. There was only about a foot of room on either side of the bed to move around...not good. 3) Shower: Small is not the word. One could not pick up any soap if dropped. 4) Nick Nacks: I know I am picky but I thought there were a little too many "royal" nick nacks all over the suite. Royal family pillows, paintings, cups, books, souvenirs, sculptures, pictures...... just tooooo many. I know I may be over critical but this is my review. The place was OK, average, nothing spectacular. But I can recommend it.

Room Tip: Get the suite, it is small but bigger than the other rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family