“Cool concept, great steak and fun place!!”

Flat Iron Curtain Road
Ranked #171 of 24 254 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Neighbourhood: Shoreditch
Description: 9:00am - Noon Coffee, tea and fresh orange juice. Perfect for business meetings. Noon - 11:00pm Restaurant trading hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went here for early dinner with my son. We loved the concept and the food. We where also very positively surprised by the speed of the serving.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great food and great service as usual. Beautifully cooked meat and fast service which is great value for money. This was our first visit to this particular branch and all the staff were great. We even received complimentary desserts for helping the waiter at the table. This is one of our favourite spots in London and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The starters and desserts were fabulous
The steaks were badly cooked mine was over cooked and my friends was to rare for him - we actually swapped dishes even tho we had ordered different cuts
the service was fantatstic - really really good !

paola n, Manager at Flat Iron Curtain Road, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We strive to deliver the best steaks, so I would like to apologise as it sounds like we let you down here. It's always nice to hear good feedback and I am happy the whole experience was not dampened by this. However we would like to give you the experience you should of received and invite you back as my guest.

If you would like to take me up on this offer, please email me sam@flatironsteak.co.uk. I will organise a table for you and your friend.

Regards

Samantha

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for the first time yesterday for lunch and it has to be the best steak I've ever eaten. They recommend to have it medium-rare but I opted for medium-well and it was absolutely delicious.
I would have to agree with other reviewers that the steak and sides do some pre-salted and so extra salt is not needed at all. Very grateful for the large cold jugs of water they put on the table.
My table was closer to the back which did mean it was closer to the open fire, which is a lovely feature but did leave my whole table smelling like a bonfire for the rest of the day.
I would definitely go back to Flat Iron.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So, my partner is a vegan and the number of vegan restaurants I have to try with her meant I had some leverage when I came across Flat Iron.

Sure, at first glance it has one main on the menu. A Flat Iron steak. The sides are lean as well, with fries, vegetables and a salad on offer. Followed by another "special" steak at the bottom which was a Rib Eye at the time of writing.

So I'm right at home with a nice Flat Iron steak (which is now £11 - I've seen the £10 steak in previous reviews so guess the prices went up) and some fries which are cooked in beef juice or something like that. I don't remember because they were so amazing and possibly the best fries I've ever had. If you're into triple cooked, crispy fries that taste amazing then these are right up your street.

The steak itself - full disclosure; I don't normally eat steak. So I'm not a sophisticated steak connoisseur hear to talk about the palette impact or other such comments. It was an amazing steak, I had mine cooked medium well against the recommended medium rare because I just ain't that hardcore. Sorry guys. The medium well steak for £11 was sublime and juicy and everything I would want with a steak. There's a variety of dips/sauces like peppercorn and a spicy tomato sauce called Fred's and then there's good old-fashioned ketchup.

Our vegan did okay - their "Sophie's Salad" (without the blue cheese) is apparently one of the best salads she has ever had in her life. Candied pecan nuts, lemon dressing and a bunch of salad leaves - it was amazing apparently and I'll take her word for it. I'm not much of a salad guy. Broccoli which was steamed was their "Market veg" of the day so although it was great (according to my partner), no guarantee it'll be there when you show up. Might have some other veg on offer.

The place itself is lovely. A nice vibe, friendly staff, amazing decor and a huge fire pit at the back with a bar and popcorn machine at the front. Ticking some serious boxes left, right and centre over here. Popcorn is served at the beginning although beware! This is also dripped and cooked and god knows what in beef juice too - so not friendly for vegetarians or vegans but hey, more for me.

£35 including service charge was the cost of our first visit and it was amazing. With two steaks, maybe looking at £40ish with sides so outstanding value in the middle of Shoreditch for possibly one of the best meals of our visit.

We came back the next day and tried the Rib Eye - equally as amazing which is good and bad. Good news is that it was a great steak but for someone like me who knows ZERO about steak, I couldn't tell the difference from the Flat Iron Steak for £11 and the Rib Eye is £5 more guys at £16. Not a bank breaker but for my uncultured steak palette, it was perhaps wasted!

Just go - bring your vegan buddies - they'll find a salad and some veg that'll keep them happy and your steak mates will be overjoyed.

Can't wait to go back.