“Dining in the garden on a hot Summer's night!”

Royal Over-seas League
Ranked #4 574 of 24 688 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just back from a lovely evening at the club celebrating a family birthday. We sat for hours in the warm garden eating delicious food (we had the platters plus extras) with wonderful gin and tonic. Everything beautifully served and waiters very helpful and friendly. Then repaired to the Brabourne Room when the last guest arrived - near to closing time but nothing too much trouble and again good food and drink. Thank you to all, it is so nice to be able to bring guests to such a lovely and peaceful place. Anyone thinking of joining -- just do!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great London Club, in the heart of St James, easy walking to great shops and main attractions such as Buckingham Palace

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This is a member’s club and if you are lucky enough to be a member or reciprocal member there’s a lovely garden to enjoy refreshment adjacent to Green Park. In summer it’s idyllic. Nothing more English. Light lunches and a full bar are available in the garden although the restaurant is also indoors. Lots of steps to negotiate. Plus some interesting architecture to enjoy in the form of two historic town houses.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I'm sitting here in the garden of the royal overseas league. Is the perfect day off and sitting in the centre of the garden and this is what I see in front of me! Cool huh! I mean private garden overlooking green park, immaculate service, everybody smiling and talking quietly. Oh that there is the veggie board, not the cheapest but I mean look at the view, the ambiance. I want to strip of and sunbathe in front of everyone and I don't think anyone would mind, the clientele are so effortlessly cool, but it's against club rules. You need to be or know a member and dress smartly before you enter this jewel. The house wine has a amazing and at a much lower price than most other Restaurant's , and they cater for vegan and gluten free. I'm just going to lye back on the veranda and sip a dirty martini, just the way I like them. Oh it's just coming now!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Delicious food for lunch with perfect service, and a wonderful view over Green Park. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit.