“First time here”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
Transit: Tube: Jubilee Line, Canary Wharf; DLR: Westferry or Canary Wharf station
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Great venue with excellent service and staff with good knowledge of what they are selling, lively atmosphere. Food of a good quality, had to go for the steak option and tried a sirloin, good portion perfectly cooked, the beef is wet aged which I personally do not normally go for, dry aged has more flavour.
A great night out with some excellent wines to accompany the dishes, I really enjoyed the Empanadas

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Ate here for my birthday dinner. Decor is nice if a little ‘blingy’ for my tastes. Service at reception was great and the waiter was friendly enough and very informative. Love how they bring the meat platter out and explain the different cuts of beef. I had the fillet 300g for just under £40. I ordered medium but half way through eating realised that most of the steak was cold and jelly like in the centre. I like pink with a little juice but this was completely dry. A friend had rump and it was perfect however. Great wine and cocktail list. Had a £28 bottle of cab sav really nice.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

To be honest, whilst I don't dislike steak, i've never really understood the whole love for steak either and would never rush to a steak restaurant or order it off the menu.

However, we went here for dinner and I had already decided on a 'non-steak' meal for me. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted and our coats taken from us. Shown to our table which wasn't the best placed to be honest, but it was ok.

The restaurant was busy which I prefer. The staff well turned out and whilst the decor is a bit 'blingy' for my liking, I think it probably appeals to most.

Our waiter was very good. He asked if we wanted him to talk about the various steaks on offer, and as I dont know much about steak we said yes just so I could be sure I didn't want it. Well the little 3 minute talk the waiter gave us actually convinced me to have steak after all. The meat he showed me looked nice and I found it interesting to hear the differences in cuts, textures, flavour etc...and took his recommendation on how it should be cooked.

I had rump in the end and it was very nice indeed. Cooked lovely and tasted great.

Sides were also very nice, and the wine was lovely, albeit one of the 'cheaper' wines on the menu at £28 a bottle.

Overall, i thought the meal was a little expensive for what we got, bearing in mind we didn't have a starter, dessert or coffee etc. We literally had a main, bottle of wine, bottle of water and it came to £60pp.

However....I would go back and I would now order steak for dinner. Having been educated a little I am more confident I know what I would like now so have the restaurant and staff to thank for that.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

On 1st approach you go wow . You walk in staff are friendly .attentive happy to see you . The cocktails are amazing . The barman comes over to talk to you and explain wat goes in to your drink and how it’s made . I highly recommend the old traditional whiskey cocktail omg
The food is out of this world and just as you like it .mouthwatering. And perfection personified . If you don’t like steak go somewhere else . Also a little pricey but worth every dam penny . Seriously . If in London seek out this gem you will not be disappointed .

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I visited Gaucho twice in December to take clients out for lunch... the second time simply because the first time was so good.

The corporate lunch menu choices were all delicious, although I did have to have the same steak main on both visits! The service was outstanding, with the waiter even helping us facilitate an virgin gin and tonic (to help our recently pregnant staff team member hide her recently discovered news)!

I will no doubt be back in the near future.