“Yum!”

Josef Fish & Chips
Ranked #9 661 of 24 261 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Josef Kiosk, Est. 2005, situated opposite the renowned Tower Of London - Dishing out traditional British Fare food and premium on-the-go fast food.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We loved our fish and chips there! Fresh, hot, and crispy. Fried so nicely where it doesn’t even seem greasy! Located right across from Tower of London. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I decided to eat at Josef because of my collegue’s recommendation. The place is just a kiosk and normalny I wouldn’t order anything there. I had a traditionall dish - fish and chips, but my boyfriend doesn’t eat fish so he had a beef burger. In my opinion the fish was good, it was hot, tasty and big. But according to what my boyfriend said I cannot recommend having a burger there. You have to pay extra for cheese, bacon or onion, otherwise you’ll get simply bread with meat. The burger was cold and the cheese wasn’t even melted. My boyfriend ate it, because he was hungry, but he said it was disgusting and it was the worst burger he has ever had. The chips were good.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Was visiting the area for the first time in a few years, started to feel hungry so I decided to stop by the Fish and chip kiosk, the food was great and the customer service was exceptional.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I visited Josef's Fish Kiosk on April 8th, 2017 with my wife and her cousin. After walking through the Tower of London for over 3-1/2 hours, Josef's Fish Kiosk is the perfect place to grab a kick bite for a reasonable price. It is a very small take-out restaurant with a smattering of Panini's, fish & chips, burgers, and ice cream. I had the hamburger with fries (chips), and mayonnaise. The burger was moist, and the fries were crispy. My wife and her cousin (who is from Italy and in England for the first time) tried the fish and chips, and they were prepared well.

Do not expect a fancy meal -- this is very good quality street food at a good price. The location is perfect, and gets a steady stream of Tower visitors. We purchased our food, and ate beside the Coppa restaurant outside, sitting over the River Thames with a steady breeze and the occasional pigeon walking around.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Yes we understand that one must avoid eating at kiosks close to attractions. Yes this place seemed to cater to tourists and yes better fish and chips can be had elsewhere in London. But if you happen to in the vicinity and hungry, this place can be recommended for burgers, sandwiches and some fish & chips. I thought the meal was good though a little pricey. It was my first fish & chips meal in London so I enjoyed the novelty at least.

1  Thank VineetMalani