“Amazing restaurant amazing Service”

Lowndes Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #4 547 of 24 324 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$27 - US$61
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belgravia
Description: Offering a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere, Lowndes Bar & Kitchen offers excellent all day dining with a Modern British menu. Relax in snug areas with morning coffee and pastries whilst reading a complimentary newspaper or dine more formally at tables inside or outside. The outdoor patio area provides a sheltered space for alfersco dining come rain or shine and heaters and blankets are provided. The modern British menu includes a selection of breakfast favourites, salads and light sandwhiches which are perfect for a quick lunch and a delicious afternoon tea. In the evening enjoy hearty British favourites or a sharing platter and cocktails with friends or family.
Reviewed 25 February 2020

Thanks to Ionut Astrid and Anouar for providing amazing customer service and making our meal a lovely occasion. Will recommend 100 percent

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (100)

Reviewed 27 January 2020

We were staying at the Hotel, so decided to eat in the small restaurant. Staff were very helpful. The mushroom risotto was excellent, my partner had the chicken quesadilla which were very tasty. The menu was not extensive but still worth the money’s

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank lchambo29
Reviewed 2 June 2019

4 of us were on the Groupon voucher plus 2 other guests.
Everyone was very happy with their food (and the very delicious bread which we ate far too much of!)
The service was great and they were very accommodating, very enjoyable evening thank you!

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank PGTips2016
Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here using a Groupon voucher (£49 for three courses each and a glass of either Prosecco or Aperol Spritz). It was a set menu but still plenty to choose from. Some higher-end dishes attracted a surcharge but this wasn’t excessive.

The restaurant itself is pleasant enough. Standard hotel restaurant decor. The staff were extremely welcoming and provided excellent service. The food wasn’t much to write home about though sadly. Lovely hot bread was served with our Prosecco (which was in a beautiful glass it must be said). Starters were the best course. I had salt and pepper squid with a chilli jam which was very good and my wife had cauliflower and keens cheddar soup which was served with a big cheesy croutons which she loved. I opted to pay a surcharge for the rib eye steak for main course which I asked for rare. Now I expect rare to be hot and seared on the outside whilst still bloody in the middle. What I got was a just about lukewarm grey piece of meat which, the fat of which had not been rendered so was still like jelly. Inside the meat was dry and on the blue side of rare. It wasn’t particularly tasty (I don’t think it has been seasoned before cooking) and certainly wasn’t bloody. I regularly cook steak at home and sear and seal it on a hot griddle pan so that it has a nice char but it is still juicy inside. It’s easily done.

For pudding I had the lemon tart with clotted cream which was average. My wife had date pudding (essentially sticky toffee pudding) which was dry but sitting on a pool of sickeningly sweet sauce. Again, average.

It was an enjoyable experience in general for the money paid but not somewhere I’d return to in a hurry or pay full price for.

Date of visit: April 2019
JumeirahLowndes, Manager at Lowndes Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2019

Dear mattt375,
Thank your for taking time to share this extensive feedback. Overall I am very happy to see your had an enjoyable time. We have taken all constructive comments in consideration and hopefully we welcome you back in the future.
Kindest Regards
Robert

Reviewed 11 April 2019

Disappointing that this restaurant is not in the main hotel building .
Although the restaurant was small and more like a cafe, the service was good so was the food.
We have had better and far worse. For the cost of the voucher the food was well worth it.We enjoyed the food and drinks.
Two complaints . 1 Not in the main hotel.
2 15% service charge?
Would retern but not soon.

Date of visit: March 2019

Dear gerallte2014,
Thank you for your kind feedback and also shared expectations that affected your experience.
I and delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.
Best Regards