“One of my favourites”

Ranked #298 of 1 924 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Piccolino brings a true taste of Italy to the heart of Liverpool. Less than five minutes' walk from Moorfields rail station and easily accessible from the Docks, this Italian restaurant offers a wonderful combination of both modern and classic Italian dishes prepared in an open kitchen in full view of diners. Fresh pasta is made daily from scratch in the pasta kitchen and is a charming spectacle for guests to watch. The menu is rustic, simple and delicious, and created using the finest, freshest ingredients.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you want a nice meal with lovely service, piccolinos is a great choice. Although a chain, the food is great quality and is way above its competitors.
Always feel well looked after by the staff and not rushed to pick/eat my meal.
Lunch menu is really good value and has a lot of choice. Plenty of wine choices and a lovely atmosphere within the restaurant.
Also a great location within the city centre.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On 10 June our American relations joined us at Piccolino's for a reunion (we wouldn't have considered anywhere else to meet up as we knew we could be certain of a warm welcome). We were a big group including my 88 year old Mum, four grown-up children and their wives and three grandchildren aged 6 and 4 years and a baby of 4 months. Catering for such a diverse group was no problem for Piccolino staff, in particular Miguel who looked after us throughout. He was very patient while we took ages to decide (and then changed our minds!) about what everyone wanted to order. Miguel and Aneta made clear that we should take our time, there was absolutely no rush. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a ball! The food was great and really impressed the Americans as did the service. They commented upon what a happy place Piccolino was and how the staff went out of their way to ensure this was a perfect day for us. This was praise indeed from guests used to great customer service in the States. Thanks Piccolino for a memorable meal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Family birthday, service charge 10% which makes the staff not overjoyed in being asked to served. Overpriced special\mains which was not seasoned correctly. Coffees cold and overpriced. Family love this restaurant, I’m obviously expecting more at £60 per head!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Food was gorgeous service was brilliant food is over priced and then watch out for small print extra charges.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to Piccolino for lunch on a bank holiday Monday in May. I had a club individual offer to take advantage of and it's just as well as the final bill came to over 85 pounds! We arrived to be met by the restaurant manager who asked us if we would like a drink at the bar before taking our table. Nice touch not hurrying us but I discovered later this was done to make us buy as many drinks as possible. I ordered a prosecco and hubby had a bottle of lager. We took our table, waiter came over and took our order. Sometime later, maybe 15/20 mins or so, our starter or the wine and beer we had ordered had still not arrived. The manageress came over and asked me if I'd like another prosecco. I declined saying I was still waiting for my wine to arrive. Instead of chasing it up, she went on to try to convince me to have another prosecco! Now I'm 50. I know when i would like another drink or not. I went on to say no, one was enough and I'd wait (again) for my wine. It was like Mrs Doyle from Father Ted. Ah go on, go on, go on. Have another drink!! Eventually the food arrived. I must say that we ordered from the lunchtime menu which was quite steep for lunch at 22.95 per head and two quid extra for the minute steak. We both ordered the minute steak. Whilst the starters were fine, they were very small. The steak arrived next and was less than impressive and no greenery at all. Not even a lousy piece of lettuce to make it look good. Dessert was the best for me, the tiramisu was lovely. We asked for the bill and barely had a chance to review it before a card machine was handed to me to put my card in. I was a bit shocked at the bill being what it was but left a tip anyway. Good enough on the waiter, he told me a service charge had already been added at 8 quid or so!! Service charge? For two people at lunchtime??? That is really not on in my book. 1) I wouldn't have left 8 pounds anyway and 2) service was not good enough to warrant this. The waiter printed off the bill then whizzed it away just leaving me a receipt with no breakdown of what we had eaten/drunk. I used to go to Piccolino when I worked in Liverpool city centre, when the restaurant first opened and I don't remember it being this expensive. The restaurant was virtually empty and for a bank holiday weekend this is not good. I can see why though having been and I don't think I would be booking again in a hurry. Don't get me wrong, the food was ok. Nothing much to complain about other than presentation and size. If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket go. Otherwise, try Casa Italia on Stanley street if you want a really good italian meal.