Reviews (4 015)
4 015 results
2 439
2 439
All reviewsrum barrum warehousestanley docksuperior dockside roomrooms are hugecity centredockside viewstunning hotelcoffee machinespa facilitiestaxi ridethe wow factorrooms are amazingconverted warehouserain showerafternoon tealuxury hotel
1 998 - 2 003 of 4 015 reviews
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. It's was a mix of business and pleasure.

I was a little dubious as people said the hotel was a long way out of the city. It is not. We walked into the city all the way to the docks. We got a taxi back to hotel for £4.00.

The room was so spacious and luxurious, enormous bed. Room was spotless. The hotel is really special the interior looks great, and the Titanic theme is there but not in your face, it's not tacky. The food was brilliant and breakfast lovely. We spent a lot of time in the bar which was comfortable and drinks were good.

Service was good.

Really no complaints at all. A great Liverpool hotel, we would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
BrianConnorGM, General Manager at Titanic Hotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Dear alvy1179

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at The Titanic Hotel Liverpool.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Titanic Hotel Liverpool, and thank you sincerely for your positive comments in relation to your experiences during your time with us. I have shared your feedback with the team at Titanic all of whom have asked to be associated with my thanks for your comments.

We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to The Titanic Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

The hotel looks good from the outside and the rooms are excellent – my room on the third floor was almost a suite, with a very nice bathroom. Unfortunately, to say the staff were useless would be to greatly overstate their professionalism. Three examples from a one-night stay:

Four of us went down to dinner at 8.30 pm. The waiter told us we could not take a seat in the half-empty dining room, as there was a “big group” and we would have to wait 30 minutes for a table. After 20 minutes, no group had arrived, and the waiter grudgingly allowed us to sit at one of the dozen or so empty tables. One of us then ordered a Bitter Shandy, and the waiter asked uncertainly if that was Guinness or lager? After a 45 minute wait, one of us complained to the restaurant “manager”, whose reply was, “No, you have only been waiting 35 minutes.” My colleague made it clear that he had not waited 45 minutes for the privilege of being called a liar by someone who title was clearly ironic.

The next morning at 7.20 am, we ordered a taxi to pick us up at 8.15 am. At 8.20 am, no taxi arrived, so I went to reception to ask where it was. “The computer says they are still searching for a free taxi” was the bored reply. How could it take 65 minutes to get a taxi? The receptionist’s reply was that it was the fault of the taxi company, not the hotel. I pointed out that they chose which taxi company to call, so it was their responsibility. At 8.25 am, there was still no taxi, and one of my colleagues was due to make a speech to 200 people at 9 am. They still claimed not to be able to get a taxi, so I demanded to see the manager. They asked me to leave reception and wait, which I refused – making a public scene was achieving the first flicker of interest I had received since my arrival. At 8.30 am the clearly uninterested “manager” shuffled up and I made it clear they needed to get us to the venue in one of their own cars – now. As they tried to find a member of staff that owned a car, a taxi turned up at 8.35 and we grabbed it.

Later that day, a colleague who was staying for a second night brought up the fiasco with the duty “manager”. He denied all knowledge of what had happened and insisted that no-one with my name had ever stayed at the hotel – funny how they had been quite happy to take payment on my debit card for an apparently non-existent stay.

As it happens, we were in Liverpool for the International Festival for Business, an event where businesses from all over the country were coming to the City. As someone who grew up on Merseyside in the Seventies, I was pleased about that, and I was equally pleased to get the chance to come back to a vastly improved city centre. However, the staff at the hotel seemed to think it still was 1979 and they could idly stand around and collect a wage at the end of the week. When southern colleagues shrugged and said “Liverpool, what can you expect?” I wanted to scream in frustration. A transformed city centre with a hotel whose motto seems to be “Liverpool: don’t even think of coming back.”

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
6  Thank JayNagley
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Booked this last minute as pretty much every other hotel in Liverpool was sold out (for some reason). Titanic hotel is a 5+ minute taxi ride away from the city centre and is located in an old dock area in a restored industrial building. Industrial springs to mind when you walk in but in a modern, stylish way. Bar and restaurant looked interesting but unfortunately I couldn't partake (hello Rum Bar). Went up to room and the wide corridor led me down to my room which was huge. Not the cheapest around but very hip.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Dear RockMaidenhead

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel, clean and very spacious. The building is amazing! The food is ok. We walked into Liverpool during the day and a taxi for nights out which was around £6.
For a 5star I was surprised at no help with luggage and the staff could be a bit more amiable. I would advise asking for a room that isn't adjoined to the next as the walls are surprisingly thin!! I visited with my sister for a girlie weekend and overall loved it ..just a few improvements and it would be perfect.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tanya C

Dear Tanya W

Thank you also for your constructive comments in relation to our lack of concierge presence. I fully take this on board, and have escalated your comments to the teams responsible in order that we react and improve the areas mentioned with urgent effect. Feedback is a gift and we are always grateful to know where we can improve.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Titanic Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

What a fantastic hotel, we were booked in to room 310. When I say it is a big room I mean big, approx 14mt x 7mt you have to see it to believe it.
Fabulous bathroom, Lounge area, with a very large bed to match.
Seeing we were there for only one night we had a quick look round the hotel, we were very impressed by its unique design and attention to detail.
Well equipped gym and spa, spacious bar and Restaurant, exceptionally nice staff who were very polite and coutious at all times.
Very good free WIFI, ample parking.
Breakfast to die for, catering for everyone's individuals needs.
I have read on other sites that it's a five minute walk into the City centre, it's more like a good 25 minute walk, we found a taxi will cost around £ 5.50 with a straight run with little traffic, or £6.50 at peak times. This is how we found it on the day we stayed.
Would we go back? Of course we will. Hope to be there in August.
If I have one small criticism it's very dark when you approach the door to your room, making it somewhat difficult to use your key card to open your room.
Apart from that a Brilliant Hotel.
Thank you to everyone for making our short stay a very pleasant and happy one.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Paul M

I was delighted to read you kind feedback about our team. Hotels, no matter how impressive the bricks and mortar might be, are made unique and special by the team; to me it’s about the way we make you feel when you stay with us. It is hugely motivational for the team to be recognised in such a positive manner.