“Pink pigeons keep coming ”

Sir Thomas Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #905 of 1 924 Restaurants in Liverpool
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

After recently returning from the Sir Thomas Hotel, I can highly recommend staying here if visiting Liverpool, its very well located and but a short walk to most major attractions, ie cavern club, Albert docks, city centre, Mathew Street it's situated in an ideal location, the hotel itself is very inviting with a newly refurbished bar and restaurant, with the rooms undergoing a refurbishment in early summer, the rooms our group stayed in were clean and comfortable but a little tired, but with the plans mentioned above this will greatly improve this hotel to become a very desirable place to stay.
Staff were very welcoming and attentive to general needs, and a very big thank you to Tess and all staff for making our trip to Liverpool a memorable one (more pink pigeons at the bar a Tess... ) we would definitely stay again and would be interested to see this little gem in the city after all refurbishment has been completed, this can only heighten the compitition. Well done the Sir Thomas

(pink pigeon is a brand of rum a must try with coke and ice ❄ )

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My friend was staying here so we met up for a meal in the restaurant. Nice Easter 3 Course menu for £21.95 per person. Service was excellent. Fast and friendly but given enough time in between each course. Nice surroundings and been refurbished since last there about 8 years ago. Very relaxing ambience. Best of all was the food. Great choice and really tasty and well presented. Would definitely recommend

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Been to the restaurant of this hotel more than a dozen times for Sunday lunch, but after today, we will not be back. The Sunday roast was a real let down. After the refurbishment we thought we would try it out expecting a good lunch at a fair price. We were disappointed to see the 2 course lunch had gone up to nearly 17 pounds. To be fair the pate starter was excellent but the roast was a big let down. The bill was a joke also. After seeing the bill messed up on the table next to us I checked our bill and it was also wrong. I had to get it altered 3 times before paying the correct amount. It was good before but now it is overpriced and bad and would advise a check of your bill before paying.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I had high hopes for this refurbished restaurant. Sadly they did not come to fruition. I had booked and arrived on time only to find all tables had been cleared. I was then asked to order my drinks from the bar whilst my table was set. After watching staff talking to each other and only serve two customers, I failed to get served for 5minutes. We ordered our drinks from the waiter at the table instead.
As you can see from photo the tables are not set for dining and at this point I thought this is just a pub bar and not a restaurant.
Meal was served and food was reasonably good. Unfortunately we where served our main course before starter. This I sent back and was told kitchen had made a mistake. Starter was eventually served and then main course next. Was dissappointed that no glasses got cleared from our table or plates between courses.
My main meat course salad consisted of a half plate of one type of lettuce leaf with no dressing.
At this point I just wanted to leave. I had made a big mistake booking this place and wont be back. I was given a free drink as compensation for the kitchens mistake however this does not cover the rest of the issues this place has.

3  Thank David T
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Visited here as staying in nearby hotel. It was quiet, though it was a Tuesday night. There is plenty of choice on the menu, mainly British type food, though I did have the fajitas. It is pleasant inside and a good place to sit and drink and eat. The food is tasty and reasonably priced and the service friendly and efficient. Would recommend and would certainly visit again.

1  Thank Gary B