Open today: 16:30 - 23:00
Review Highlights
Nice food

We used a voucher for our meal . It would of cost just under £30 pound for two burgers,chips and... read more

Reviewed 24 October 2015

from US$25,60
from US$21,10
from US$21,72
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 April 2015

My wife gave me a Voucher for beer-tasting for two here. We were going to go together but she decided she wouldn't really do it justice, so I arranged to go with a friend. As we went down the stairs, the atmosphere hit us.Even though there weren't many people there it really felt good.

The offer was for samples of 1/3 of a pint of six beers each, along with a cheesboard. The bar many told us that we'd get the drinks 3 at a time and the cheese and meat (!) board would be brought whenever we wanted it. he explained what the first lot were and told us where they were from and then left us. They were extremely tasty and very strong (5-7%).
We asked for our food and then a bit later for the other drinks which we were again given details about. These were also very nice.
What amazed us was the time that had p[assed. we had every intention when we started of either trying more beers, or else moving on to somewhere else. We suddenly found we'd been there over two hours. That's how relaxing the place is.
there was no hard sell on buying more, and we were shown the extensive range of bottled beers.
The beers are pretty expensive, but it's worth it at least once for the experience. we'll be going again.
I can't remember the names of the beers we had, and I'm awaiting an email from them to remind me.

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed 30 March 2015

First visit but staff did not do much to make one welcome and want to come back.The place was cold and the staff were not interested.The cheese tasting we went to seemed like an inconvenience to them,with the selection of cheeses not explained.I am sure this place could be brilliant but needs a kick up the backside.I will try again when the weather warms up!!

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Great beer (the best in town), burgers, beards, great and bar staff. A must go place for any craft beer lovers, keg board changes regularly and the bottle selections spot on and its only getting better

Date of experience: February 2014