“Friends birthday meal”

Ranked #866 of 1 958 Restaurants in Liverpool
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We have been to Bootle arms many times , it was my friends Birthday meal , it was a lovely warm day
And had been all week , we decided to sit outside
Until we seen the mess out the outside area it was a disgrace , the tables up the steps were filthy and bits
On every table who would sit out there .
Food is really lovely , never any complaints
Service was a bit stretched we had to keep going the bar to find someone .
Wasn’t really busy .
But my main problem was the outside seating area
We have decided not to return .

Reviewed 21 June 2018

another lovely meal most had starters garlic mushrooms, chicken with sweet chilli sauce,few had roast beef dinner proper potatoes delicious one had steak, an the others had gammon, then you always have to have a pudding, some had jam rolypoly and custard, i went for praline chocolate desert with cream ??

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I'd been here a couple of years ago and had a lovely meal. Unfortunately, this time around, it was pretty poor.

I ordered the Cowboy burger, which the menu stated would come with Monterey Jack, bacon, and Heinz burger sauce. As optional extras, I also ordered toppings of 'crispy fried onions' and cheddar cheese.

What I was given was a burger with no special burger sauce and no crispy onions - just an almost invisible amount of sloppy fried red onion. The bacon was ridiculously undercooked, and most of it had to be discarded. The cheese came in the form of two of the thinnest squares of cheese I'd ever seen. So thin, that they were virtually transparent, and added nothing to the flavour

The chips that came with it were dry, and tasted like budget oven chips. The burger itself, was actually very good, with a beautiful flavour. It's a shame that everything else on the plate was a let down.

Considering the virtually non existent onion cost 75p and the transparent cheese cost 50p, I think they should change the name of this burger from 'The Cowboy burger, to 'The Bandit Burger '!

I must also say, that the serving staff were excellent

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

visited on 12/06/18 @ 7 pm . while the food is typical pub grub, the pub was not &not particularly busy, however seemed to wait ages for our starter then our main course to arrive. we were very impressed by the waitress who seemed to be rushed off her feet, but was always polite and friendly to some other rude customers.The food was average, the cleanliness was again average, you get what you pay for . But the way the waitress went about her job gave me some faith in the younger generation.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Really, this place has slipped from excellent to extremely average. The service has slipped, as has the quality. Still a lovely location but I hope they manage to turn this slump around.

1  Thank Daniel G