All reviewsbreakfast boxgreat locationmersey tunneltravel lodgebus stationclose to lime street stationnoisy guestsroom was cleandale streetcar parkminute walkcleaning staffwithin walking distanceshort stayeasy accessone night staypleasant stay
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is my second stay at this particular travel lodge. The location is ideal to see the attraction's and is in short walking distance to the train station. The hotel is very basic - no hair dryer and very little space for clothes etc... We booked a family room on this trip as I'd brought my husband and 2 son's with me (6 &9) The first night was excellent value (Thu) and we slept really well. The second night was awful (& considerably more expensive) The fire alarm was set off around 11pm; which were informed was caused by trouble makers on the 4th floor (we were on floor 3) the noise then persisted hourly by both noise in the hall and on the floor above - a very unsettling night. Parking was also a real pain. Parking was free between 7:30pm - 07:30am, but then you have to be down there early in the morning to pay for a new ticket - which wouldn't be so bad if the machine hadn't been broken on each morning and us having the inconvenience to return on each morning once fixed. Is there no way that a traveller could pay in advance for the next day's parking to avoid this hassle? Also on bothe this occasion and on my last trip the room cards failed after day one - is this an automatic expiry? If so, perhaps if informed on check in, we again could be prepared?

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Location wise this hotel is perfect, so I feel it is ok value for money. The room we stayed in was small and the bathroom tiny, with again a terribly placed toilet, that leaves your thigh touching the door!! Wouldn't have wanted to use it had I have been overweight. Towels were replaced each day and the room kept clean, bed comfy and clean. We had a few issues in room 302 with no-one filling up the soap dispenser and the door not locking from the inside, so I hope this has been resolved. Wi-Fi was £3 for 24 hours and be warned if you pay for late check out your room card stops working at 12pm so you'll have to get it reactivated at the front desk til 2pm (what a stupid system!). I'd probably consider this hotel again if I stayed in Liverpool, But they could really do with improving on basic things!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Room was a great price, everything was very clean and fresh. Staff were helpful and prompt checking in and out. Reception was open 24hr so we could return anytime we liked. Shower room was a little small, but water.was nice and hot.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very well located, right in the centre of the city and really near Lime Street station which was ideal ! It's quite cheap when booked early and you have all you need for one night. Bathroom was clean and the room as a nice television , comfy bed and is accomodating. One of the downside is that the bed was badly made, the sheets where clean and nice but it looked like it had been made in a hurry. It is also really basic. If you want WiFi and breakfast you have to pay extra. I agree for breakfast but I do believe WiFi should be free nowadays.
I had a nice stay and would recommend for the price and location.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Remy from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Liverpool Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.

We're so pleased to hear you found our hotel to be very well located during your stay and you also found your overall stay to be of good value. Your feedback is very important to us as it is the starting point we use to act on improvements.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to us soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Ideal location near Liverpool Lime street station, walking distance to museums and shops. Reception staff helpful and bedroom staff greeted me cheerfully and helped me with the lift. It was pleasantly quiet inside and out as it was Easter week. Value for money for a city.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo