Reviews (1 542)
1 542 results
All reviews art deco retail park david lloyd gym control tower ambassador suite the club lounge terminal building john lennon airport city centre an early morning flight executive room two double beds lovely hotel reception staff an overnight stay car park stayed here for one night
531 - 536 of 1 542 reviews
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I'm not one for writing reviews though read plenty of them and felt it was about time. We, a family with two kids, 2 and 5 decided on a last minute trip to Liverpool where location wasn't the primary concern but one of ease of access, something memorable and a pool! This hotel has all of these qualities with the added bonus of a really friendly team - in all areas. Breakfast staff were attentive, warm and helpful and the front of house team were equally warm and friendly. As it was hallowe'en and the kids weren't at home the kind staff had a few treats at the ready. The boys loved the 'back garden' which is most unusual in that it's got a number of old planes parked which made it quite exciting. Pool next door is easy to access and the guys at reception have towels at the ready so ours went unused.
Really nice experience for a quick weekend and close enough to Liverpool if you want to see the sites. Quite close to many of the Beatles memory lane places if you're a fan or if you fancy a tour of the JLR plant which is down the road. Happy to recommend 100%
Thanks to all

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
JonesDavid2016, Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Dear James D

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a very nice short stay here.

The Hotel was once Liverpool Airport and is very nice inside.

Claire on reception really went the extra mile to make us feel really welcome and valued.

Ample car parking at the Hotel & Bus stop nearby for leaving the car behind and heading into town.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear onthebuses1969

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Interesting hotel, very comfortable and rooms/bathroom clean and well equipped. Some distance from the city centre. Stayed with a group visiting local galleries on a half board basis. Food (table d'hote menu with limited choice) a real disappointment; despite pre ordering choices long wait for meals to be served and food unappetisisngly presented. Service friendly but chaotic, didn't seem to be enough staff. breakfast selection good but again service on coffee, etc very very slow. Would not choose to stay here again for this reason.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear marydh111

My sincere apologies you have experienced an issue during your stay. Please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel so I can provide additional assistance.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

I stay at this hotel regularly for business purposes due to its convenient location to client. Staff are friendly however the rooms are a bit of a lottery: some have air conditioning that work, some are ridiculously hot, some a ridiculously noisy, some even have things missing (such as lightbulbs and even the fridge). Why do I keep staying I hear you ask? As I said before it is convenient for client but otherwise I would not have stayed after second or third week

The restaurant is truly awful - again another lottery in terms of getting an edible meal or even the meal turning up at all

Two of the saving graces of this hotel are that it provides free access to the David Lloyd gym next door, and Damons restaurant which is nearby. Gym provides a place to unwind and Damons a good place to eat (if you like ribs that is - they really are the best here!)

In addition the hotel is only about 10 minutes away from Lark Lane - a road that provides a plethora of choice for dining at good value and excellent quality

The hotels only other positive is the proximity to the airport. However the rooms here are not cheap therefore negating (in my opinion) that particular one

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Adrian N

Dear Andrian N

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here overnight. The hotel is well situated close to the airport. Ensuite rooms were clean and spacious.Travel to the city was easy. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Food was delicious. We will definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple