“Amazing day out”

Ranked #48 of 230 things to do in Liverpool
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: World Museum Liverpool is a fantastic family day out! Over five free floors explore: the aquarium and the Treasure House Theatre; the natural world in the Clore Natural History Centre and Bug House; the human world in the World Cultures gallery and Weston Discovery Centre; the earth with dinosaurs and animals from around the world; and space and time through scientific instruments and the Planetarium. There are also two cafés and two shops.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We took our 3 little ones and really enjoyed ourselves. The Terracotta Army was amazing and had the kids gripped. We have been round the other areas before but they are all so good it’s never a burden. The only issue is the lifts :-( with a little one in a peak it is hard to get from one floor to the next with lifts full of people who could be using the stairs. Had to let 3 lifts pass by until on couple got out to let me and the pram get in.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 407)
All reviews
"great for kids"
in 27 reviews

497 - 501 of 2 407 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Took my mum to see the Terracotta Warriors last week and it was a great visit. Whilst there are only 10 warriors, there is so much more to see in this exhibition, that we stayed for a good couple of hours - they make the exhibition really fascinating and don’t rush you as you move through. You can take as many photos as you wish as long as you don’t use your flash. The only downside for me, was the usual exit through the gift shop which was full of “terracotta “tatt... Definitely worth a visit but you must book in advance..don’t just turn up as they only sell a limited number of tickets per day, and you will not get in without pre-booking.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had a great day in Liverpool, when we arrived we had our bags checked by security whom were very welcoming, it is good to see they are taking precautions. We then headed to the second floor and again were greeted by another member of staff whom directed us to the queuing area. We made use of the cloakroom which was very handy and we waited for less than five minutes to enter the exhibition (DONT LISTEN TO BAD REVIEWS! the staff informed me that even when the que is large the max waiting time is approx 15 mins). We watched a short video, which although not very informative it was very creative and gave a great overview of China. The doors then opened into the exhibition and it is very well designed, there were two members of staff as we entered, the young man and woman were very helpful and informative (and we also asked them to take a group photo for us which was lovely of them). The exhibition is amazing it goes in chronological order of the emperors life, there are only two replicas which we spotted which were the chariots (as they are very detailed I can understand why!!). The Warriors themselves are amazing and you are told not to get too close to the barriers as I saw a few people reach over the glass with their cameras (foolish!!) You can take as many photos as you like without flash but you cannot film unfortunately.

We also watched a great 3D video at the end which is what they have interpreted the emperors burial site to look like at that time. There is also a very well priced gift shop at the end and we bought a few goodies whilst we were there.

1  Thank 194julie876
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This exhibition was well worth visiting and fired my ambition to see the army in situ in China. It being a Bank Holiday, the museum was full of families with children which was very nice to see. Other than the Terracotta Warriors, which were stunning, I loved the Egyptian exhibition.