Reviews (6 771)
1 641
1 507
1 111
1 784
See what travellers are saying:
1 550 - 1 555 of 6 771 reviews
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Adelphi in Liverpool as a group Turkey and Tinsel break.
The room and bathroom were spacious, but both very tired - alot of money would be needed to bring it up to date.
Inside the building is as it would be in past times with fantastic high ceilings and glass chandeliers.
The food is good and plentiful except for the toast in the morning where it just seemed to be waved by the toaster as it was as white and floppy as a new loaf.
The major downside to this hotel is there is no wheelchair ♿ facility - there are loads and loads of stairs to get everywhere within this hotel, there are 3 lifts but 1 was out of order all the time of our 3 day visit, when leaving the lifts there is still some distance to get to your room (unless you are next or near to the lift) as the hotel is large
There were people in wheelchairs who had to get out of them to struggle down steps and then have their chair folded and carried down them. People with crutches and walking difficulties also struggled with the amount of steps they had to contend with - no ramps.
I would go back to the Adelphi but would definitely ask for a room on either the ground (or 1st) floor, as I also have walking difficulties and use a walking stick as I suffer from MS.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Big thanks to Andrei based on the checking in desk at the Adelphi Hotel & Spa in Liverpool. Very helpful and polite and we were impressed with his assistance. 5 stars for Andrei and keep up the good work it was most appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank giovanni818
Reviewed 14 December 2016

I'm don't understand some of the reviews, no ceiling lights, no parking, no heating?? Our room had all these (M9). I was blown away by the interior of this hotel and for me it was full of grandeur and history and therefore I loved it every time I walked through the revolving doors. Yes, it is tired and could do with some updating in the rooms, but the room was big, the bed comfortable and plenty of hot water, and a good flushing loo, so all the basics. No complimentary toiletries and a bath mat after the first night, which was a bit odd. Breakfast was also extra (£10 per person per day), which made it a bit expensive. As I'm a Titanic/liner/Poirot buff, I just loved the nostalgia of the hotel and therefore found it lovely. It was lively, busy and is very very centrally located in the city to walk easily to everywhere and three minutes walk from Lime Street station. It does need updating with room amenities, but then it would probably make it so grand that it would be out of reach for the average person, whereas at the moment it is very well used, which does make it busy for functions. Staff were helpful, friendly and smiley to us, maybe because we were friendly and smiley to them! I would stay there again, after all, we used it mostly for sleeping and washing! It has a swimming pool (we didn't use it) and an underground car park (our friends used that). Apart from breakfast we didn't eat there. Breakfast is adequate, usual things, but could have had some extras we are used to elsewhere, brown bread, boiled eggs, fresh fruit as opposed to tinned etc, No sign of croissants even though the toaster area said don't put them in the toaster! But there is cereal and a full English and some cheese and yogurt, so enough to fill up before exploring the city.

Room Tip: Back room was quiet
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Honeybun506
Reviewed 12 December 2016

If their is a worse hotel in Liverpool I would have my doubts.Food cold roast potatos like missiles service an absolute disgrace.I would not recomend this hotel to anybody if the council had any thought for the city they would close it down

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leonard D
Reviewed 12 December 2016

Employees that do not know what is service, uncleanness and installations needing urgent repairs.
Poor breakfast for a hotel clasiffied with 3 star
The only good point is the location near the center and the bars

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple