“Fantastic ambience ”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Been on many occasions to San Carlo in Birmingham, and knew I was not going to be disappointed with the Liverpool restaurant. How very accurate I was. From the moment my partner and I walked in we were made so welcome, particularly by Giuseppe, our food was faultless and nothing less than the usual first class standard that I have known to love & expect with SAN Carlo. Staff all so professional yet fun and all seem so happy to be working on an extremely busy Easter Sunday. Thank you for making our Liverpool stay memorable. We will be back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 811)

60 - 64 of 1 811 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited San Carlo last night for date night and had a lovely time.

We both ordered pasta, salad and garlic bread which were all delicious.
The prices weren’t too bad which I was surprised about as I assumed a city centre restaurant would be astronomical.
The service was good until the end when we had to ask for the bill three separate times.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited with friends for dinner on Friday night we decided to skip the starters as we were on a tight schedule to make the show at 8 so opted for mains and deserts and were not disappointed, I had the chicken and asparagus in cream sauce and hubby had the chicken filled with garlic and we shared dauphinois, garlic bread and courgette fries and all of it was outstanding as were the lasagna’s our friends had and all four puddings ( all though I think hubbies was the best so give the Sicilian 7 layer chocolate one a go )

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This restaurant is first class the food is really great and the staff are so good. We have been here a few times and it is consistently good. We have been for lunch and dinner. Would highly recommend this place and the lovely staff.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had high expectations for this meal, however we left feeling quite disappointed with the service.

Considering it was a 21st Birthday, we had presumed that we would be receiving at least some attention from the waiters, however as we were a group of 3 we were seemingly overlooked as there were other big groups present at the time.

We were left waiting to be seated for 10 minutes by the front door, despite there being visible empty tables and servers/receptionist who were not preoccupied.

After the main course, our empty plates were left on the table for 20 minutes before being removed, causing us to decide to have desert elsewhere.

The food was presented impeccably, however tasted like your typical, average Italian. They did however provide a ‘Happy Birthday’ desert dish as the end of the meal.

The trip was a tick-in-the-box but we will not be attending this restaurant again.

1  Thank Lucy C