Reviews (2 646)
1 101
1 048
1 101
1 048
All reviews separate toilet pool and steam room executive room albert dock hanover street city centre leisure facilities q park the sofa bed excellent location car park discount voucher modern hotel hotel bar mini bar breakfast was excellent within easy walking distance
82 - 87 of 2 647 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My Partner and I stayed here in June 2018. The hotel was hard to get to by car the moment due to road closures in Liverpool, however I imagine once this has finished it will be easy to get too! There is no carpark, but there is a Qpark 20second walk from the hotel, it was £17.00 for 24hours. Car park was very safe and secure.
It was a lovely stay, the reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Rooms were plenty big enough for the two of us, there was a fridge but we aren't 100% certain that it worked. The hotel is a two minute walk into Liverpool One just turn right at the hotel. Liverpool Docks are also very close by. There is a Tesco next to the Carpark which we found handy for bottles of water etc. There was a hair dryer in the room, as well as plenty coat hangers, an ironing board and an iron.

We will certainly stay here again when we come back to Liverpool.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Dear AbbyW94,

Thank you for your lovely comments about your stay at the Novotel. It is always nice to hear positive feedback about our guests experiences. As we have no car park, we do have a connection with the Q Park adjacent to the hotel where on check out, if you present your token to the reception, we can validate this for you and give you 30% off. This will change the standard price from £17 to £13. On your next visit please make sure you do this.
Again thank you very much and we hope your next experience is as pleasant as your last one.

Kind Regards,
Conner Farmer
Reception Team Leader

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Firstly the website states this property has parking, it doesn’t! QPark is just up the road and they do give you a discount, however, you need to walk past a gaggle of homeless people to get to the car park entrance.

The room was spacious and comfortable. I ordered room service which arrived quickly. However, no condiments were on the tray, plus the food was disappointing. Felt like mum had gone to Iceland!

Breakfast, was so busy I wished I’d not bothered. The hotel clearly caters for coach loads of people. I could hardly get to the buffet, too many people. I ordered 2 poached eggs from the waitress, these took 20 minutes to arrive.

This hotel clearly is not aiming for the business market, no parking, charging a tray fee for room service and slow and over crowded breakfast buffet.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sherrylann C
NovotelLiverpoolGM, Front Office Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Sherrylann C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
I am truly sorry you found your experience disappointing.
You are absolutely right about the business of the hotel, it can get very busy during breakfast as well but we try our best to accommodate everyone's needs, however it should not take 20 minutes for the poached eggs to arrive.
With regards to the car park, since being in the heart of the city I'm afraid only the public car-park is available which is advertised on out homepage.

Should you with to return to our hotel I am happy to offer you a free upgrade to one of our Executive rooms as a gesture of good will, please contact me directly on h6495-fo@accor.com.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Nice and specious room. Very good location, Small, but very nice pool. Lacks plug sockets in the room, to charge a mobile phone we had to unplug a desk lamp. Disappointing reception and welcome very impersonal. We haven't been asked any questions on arrival and no recommendations have been made. No car park discount offered by staff

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear agnieszka s,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I am glad you enjoyed the hotel but please accept my apologies for the lack of extra touch that you have experienced. Please rest assured that this was a true exception to our practices and we are usually proud of our customer service.

I hope for you to give us another chance to welcome you back to Novotel Liverpool in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing location, clean room, great breakfast, lovely pool. Efficient service, friendly staff. My daughter and U loved it. All the shops you want are on the doorstep and you are a stones throw from the Albert Dock. What more do you need?!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Nicola D,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We used this hotel for a city visit over a long weekend. The hotel is very well situated in the city centre, only a short walk from all the attractions the city has to offer. The staff were very friendly and breakfast, which we managed to get included in our stay at no extra cost was very good. There is no air-conditioning in the hotel rooms so this did make for a hot stay as the weather was hot and humid. This meant we had to have our windows open and unfortunately every morning at 6am a shop across the street below the multi story car park was removing its rubbish which resulted in us being woken early! I would suggest asking for a room not overlooking the multi story car park across the road which may result in a quieter stay. This was a functional hotel in a good location and value for money.

Room Tip: Request a room which doesn't overlook the multi story car park next door
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Petersuffolkuk,

Thank you for leaving a review about your stay at the Novotel Liverpool. Firstly I would like to apologise in regards to the air conditioning as we don't have this but in fact have a air cooling system. This works just as effective however takes a bit longer to come into effect. As a city centre hotel is hard to control the outside noise which again we apologise for and are taking the appropriate measures to ensure that this does not effect any more of our guests.
Thank you for your feedback and hopefully your next stay will be better.

Kind Regards,