“Lovely, quirky and great food”
Review of Chickpea

Chickpea
Ranked #606 of 1 923 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Description: Chickpea. Vegetarian cafe in the basement at Soho's vintage shop. Sharing the basement with Dig Vinyl record store, Chickpea satisfies your tastebuds and your conscience by serving hearty fresh vegetarian scran. Pukka coffee, herbal teas and cakes. Vegan and vegetarian options. Relaxed decor - feel yourself home from home. Peas and love, Chickpea x
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely curry for a really good price :) also bought a vegan lemon cake which was probably the most amazing lemon cake I’ve ever had :) definitely coming back next time I’m in Liverpool.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I visited with my sister (who is a lactose intolerant, gluten free vegetarian!). The fact it vegetarian cafe was what grabbed our attention. Then the smell of chickpea curry hit us.. and it drew us in! We followed our noses to a cosy little nook downstairs.
The staff were so welcoming and friendly.
The menu sounded so delish that we wanted it all! We settled on an open sandwich with avocado, halloumi and a poached egg along with a latte (with coconut milk). Everything was freshly made, a good portion and presented so carefully. It was delicious! The price was very reasonable too so definately value for money.
We will both definately be back and definately recommend for a change from usual cafe food!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Super tasty food. The chef was lovely, nice and friendly and the atmosphere of the place is cosy and laid back. I'd defiantly go again, I felt very comfortable there and relaxed. There was also lot to choose from and I felt full and satisfied after the meal. There was lots of healthy filling choices as well as nice smoothies and coffee's!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I saw this place on Facebook and thought it sounded really lovely so when I found myself in Liverpool I took myself on a solo date and I wasn’t let down. The coffee was lovely, and so was the food. I had a chickpea mezze for one and it was so welcomed on a cold day. The prices are so reasonable and the customer service was 10/10. I’d definitely recommend checking this place out, support your local/small business owners!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Such a cool little cafe for some delicious home cooked veggie food. Nice selection of hot drinks and milks too. Right next to the record section too which means its always got good tunes on