“Food scored high but service lags way behind”
Review of Mei Mei

Mei Mei
Ranked #499 of 1 962 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went for Sunday lunch and ordered a mix of dishes. King prawns excellent, sea bass delicious, other dishes very traditional and reminded me of being back in Hong Kong. Unfortunately the service is very mixed - two or three of the young waitresses were excellent, others surly and a young waiter downright rude.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We went to Mei Mei for some dumplings but ended up having more! The food was delicious and the restaurant was busy. Some staff were friendly and helpful but we were hoping for more help to understand the menu.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

This was the second time we have visited and it hasn't disappointed. Even with it being mothers day service didn't suffer and the food was excellent again. My boys love the crispy duck and everything went down well.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Sent a member of staff out to grab some Chinese for my boss and I, ordered 2 chicken curries, chicken fried rice, egg fried rice, prawn crackers and Spring rolls; gave him £20 thinking it would be around that price, ideally not much more. The order came to nearly twice that!! (You can see the breakdown in the photo of the receipt). There were 3 spring rolls in the portion, which were very tasty although not your typical idea of a spring roll. Perhaps not quite worth £1.50 each, but whatever. I was most astonished at paying £9.80 for chicken fried rice, which had no flavour on it, just plain white chicken and rice, with cabbage and Spring onion (who fries their rice with cabbage?!) the curry was alright, nothing special, certainly not worth £9.80 either. Prawn crackers weren't that tasty, so weren't as moorish as they should have been. Just a below standard dinner which is waaaaay overpriced!!! Not recommended.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

So, my partner has Leukamia and Bladder cancer; before rubbish finally hits the fan we wanted to build up 'happy' memories. One was to see the World Museum's exhibit of the Terracotta Army (brilliant!) and to top this off, a good chinese meal which I sourced via Tripadviser, of which there were two that stood out.

The Mei Mei was open early evening and not that busy when we arrived, the first Head Waiter was courteous and chatty as one would expect and took our order. We then sat...and sat.... and sat... then eventually the first course arrived.... by the time we finished, at least 30 new diners had arrived and ordered. 15 mins went by and our first course plates still weren't taken away... we sat... we sat... waiting.... then 30 minutes went by - nothing, zippo.... no main course..... but every one who had arrived previously were now dining on their main course ... we were not. I called the 2nd Head waiter over and said that we had waited 50 minutes for our second course and needed to get going soon because as we had a long journey back to Cumbria... (now remember, I'm a female senior) the guy was rude and offensive.... said "your food is cooked - do you want it?" "yes, I said politely. By Now the people who'd arrived after us were starting to leave having completed their meal!! Another 10+ minutes went by when this 2nd Head Waiter returned with a plate and the bill for what we'd had - can you believe this? I couldn't make it up honestly...... then promptly said "your food isn't cooked, pay up!" How ironic..... Now I have a sick partner, I wasn't going to kick up a fuss . So I paid the £11.70 and walked out.

The Management knew this had happened and clearly condoned it.

The moral of this tale Is to steer clear of this place at all costs ..... go somewhere else, but not here...

4  Thank Babyb00mer1