“lovely ride”
Review of Oliver Boat Trips

Oliver Boat Trips
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Hello welcome to Oliver boat trips my web site is oliverboattrips.uk. Lincoln postode is LN5 7AY there is a car park just at the back of me.we operate three wonderful trips the first on 30 minute pop into town to it and starts from £2.50 four children and OAPs and £3 for adults. ,1 hour river town cruise with the fossdyke canal and includes a cake and acup of tea £4 OAP's and children and £5 adults.the third trip is a 1 hour and half fossdyke Canal Cruise this includes a free cream tea and time at the Pyewipe Inn pub ,Sunday lunch trip 9.99. this is one of the oldest pubs in Lincoln and is right on the riverside and has views which are lovely this trip is only £5 OAP's and child.6.00free cream teas. We do premier trips to the Pyewi Inn with a high tea which includes sandwiches and treats and scones and this is a two hour trip.Full day cruise 11am to 4 pm,pub stops and marina tour£25/£22 free picnic In Saxilby. Evening trips £9.99. Fish and chips,pies, peas,chips. Booking is advisable.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 7 January 2018

18th December was a cold day in Lincoln but the 3 of us were on a tight schedule as we have only 3 days in Lincoln. We were the only passengers at noon and the Brayford Pool had ice layers. Despite the cold, the crew were very warm in welcoming us. There was hot chocolate with mince pies. The trip was informative and we got to know the history of the canals and the buildings lining it. The boat though small was sailing smoothly and it was a calming and tranquillising ride all the way.

1  Thank chin792015
christine e, Owner at Oliver Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

I'm so pleased you enjoyed Oliver boat trips, yes the winter has been harsh in Lincoln, please come again in the summer are travel the other way on the fossdyke canal, that is also so pretty. Take care captain Chrissy x

All reviews
"moonraker"
"grotto"
"waterway"

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Our family booked a trip with Santa on 'Oliver's Boat Trips', from Brayford Pool to the Pyewipe Inn and back. We were looking for a memorable Santa experience for the two girls (5 and 3ys) and had been unable to pay the approx £20 price to see Santa at some other local attractions, so looked on 'Visit Lincoln' to see what else was on offer. This little boat trip came up and at an extremely low price of £6 for the 2 hour boat ride, lunch and time with Santa, wondered how the owner could manage to make any money! Price wasn't everything for us, we wanted to make a lovely memory with our girls and so today we met the sweetest little tug boat you ever saw, complete with Santa (Chrissy) captaining the boat. It was charming. The humble little tug was decorated beautifully, inside and out, and a very generous lunch (chips, pizza, beans, proper sausage in baguettes, hot chocolate) was waiting for us. We enjoyed a lovely ride for 40 minutes to the Pyewipe Inn, got off for half an hour and enjoyed drinks, then back on the boat to travel back to the Brayford. While we enjoyed sherry and soft drinks all round, Santa had made more hot chocolate, provided mince pies and then sat with the girls to give presents, crackers and tell a story.
I have known famous brand restaurants achieve a far less festive atmosphere. Santa thought of everything. We had such a happy time and can't thank Chrissy enough for this amazing and low priced trip. She said it is priced to enable people to do it and so we hope that many more will hear about Oliver's Boat Trips. We will be back, perhaps to try to the bingo evening boat ride! Lots of variety on offer all year round.
Well done Chrissy, you made our day and our girls will remember this I am sure even when they are older. Happy Christmas xx

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Have been on this boat before the owner Chrissy showed me the grotto today and I had a cup of coffee with Santa [never too old] had I been 50 odd years younger I would have had a present from Santa its so welcoming can recommend it for families also for people who like me not exactly young in years but young at heart the effort Chrissy must put in to make sure everyone has a good time ,nice to see an attraction that really cares about the customer coffee wasn't bad either.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Me, my sister, her husband, my kids and hers went on the Christmas Boat Trip for my nephews Birthday treat.

We went from Brayford Pool to Precise and back. The kids enjoyed the trip, the treats and little presents they received.

The lady that runs Oliver Boat Trip is very friendly and has a really good heart.

It's not the world's best, but they are good people trying to please everyone and some reviews on here are very brutal!!

We will defo return if the children want too.

christine e, Owner at Oliver Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Hello and thankyou for your kind words. I really do try my best and I just love Oliver boat trips. I have learnt everyone expects so much and when I'm on board which is 98 percent of the time things go great so by learning through feedback Oliver is made for me. I do listen to everyone. I hope to see you all soon for the next birthday for pass the parcel.and thankyou again for your kind words.