Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Pantomime. Peter Pan

Been to see Peter Pan with the Lincolnshire Co-op. Had an Absolutely brilliant time. It was part... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
birthday60th
via mobile
Nice little theatre easily accessible

A small friendly theatre putting on a good variety of shows. Friendly staff. Easily accessible... read more

Reviewed 18 October 2018
Peter H
Lincoln, United Kingdom

All reviews herring beer festival varied programme comedy club friendly theatre multi storey room upstairs northern soul russell watson michael portillo kevin bridges nice cafe bar box office staff excellent production modern theatre comedy night main hall
Reviewed 29 May 2018

This was my very first time, at a Beer Festival and I will not be returning. But unfortunately I was so disappointed. The leaflet sounded really good, but did not deliver up to what it was saying. There was music but not live music and I got there about 12:30pm, on Friday 25th May. Has I paid for £3:00 to get in and another £3:00 for the glass, (which you get your glass money back, if you don't want the glass.) If you are going to charge people to get in, it should only be about 50p or £1:00. As I went into the Beer Festival, I realised that it was not how I thought it was going to be. I honesty thought that there will be plastic cups, so that you could try the Beers and Ciders for free. Then if you did like the taste of the drink, then you can buy it or take some bottles home with you. I went to a Food Festival that I did not have to pay,
to get in and there was Beers there. That you could taste for free and then if you like the Beers, then you can buy it. Also with the glasses, if you have a Beer then finish that Beer and get a different Beer, then you are going to taste the Beer you had before has there is no place for you to wash the glass up. I did tell one of the lady's, that it was my first time at a Beer festival and she spoke to a lady and then she let me taste three Ciders for free. Which was very nice of her and then I brought a Cider from her. All the staff are nice and friendly.

Date of experience: May 2018
LincolnDrillHall, Marketing at Lincoln Drill Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear sarahking100,
We are very sorry that you were left disappointed with the prices of the Beer Festival. As you rightly say it is £3 to get in, and the £3 is for a deposit for the glass which is returned at the end.

We don't believe that £3 is too excessive a charge to come into the Festival with its food and drink stalls, but apologise if you felt we were not clear enough. There is live music through out the weekend, but they do take breaks, of course. We shall strive to make this clearer in future. It is the case at most Beer Festivals that it is the same format and similar prices, if not a little more expensive than ours, so I hope you are not swayed from going to them in future.

I hope that other than the prices you enjoyed the festival and had an enjoyable time.

We hope you might visit the Drill Hall in the future

Reviewed 20 May 2018

We've been to several shows and never been disappointed. We have taken our grandchildren and great grandsons to shows and they have thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Date of experience: April 2018
LincolnDrillHall, Marketing at Lincoln Drill Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear David J,
Thank you for your awesome review! We really appreciate your continued support of the venue. It's always great to hear that you have enjoyed your time here over the years and found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back here very soon :)

Reviewed 11 April 2018

This is a great venue, small but attracting some big names and the staff could not be more helpful. The Cafe Bar is also a lovely place to just relax, listen to local musicians and enjoy reasonably priced food and drink - who doesn't love the thought of cake at a comedy gig! I've been here numerous times before and the most recent being for Kevin Bridges, a busy night but once again the service was second to none.
NCP car park next door (ouch to those prices) but a couple of multi storey carparks in walking distance.

Dear Michelle D,
Thank you for your brilliant review! We all loved reading your kind words. We are really proud of getting such big names to the Drill Hall and pleased to punch above our weight. Cake at a comedy gig is also an excellent idea!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Drill Hall very soon :)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

we visited the drill hall for the first time ever last night... what a great venue .. and we must say the staff and service was impeccable... can we say a very SPECIAL thanks to Jenny absolutely fantastic lady ... we can’t wait to visit again..also the bar drinks a very reasonable price ..

Date of experience: April 2018
LincolnDrillHall, Marketing at Lincoln Drill Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

We are thrilled you enjoyed your time here at Lincoln Drill Hall and look forward to seeing you here again soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I had a genuinely lovely morning in the Cafe Bar listening to Ishani & Hilary's music while I drank my hot chocolate. The live jazz vocals and pianist was wonderful in the background, which set a very relaxing atmosphere for everyone. Even though I didn't know many of the songs, they were beautifully played and sung and I loved their cover of Cry Me A River. There were people eating and chatting away but they always clapped when the song finished, which showed everyone enjoyed the music too. There was a little one enjoying the toy area which just proves the drill hall accommodates for a variety of ages. And the staff were friendly and polite too. I would highly recommend all to pop in for a bite to eat and listen to the variety of live music that is provided on Saturdays!

Date of experience: March 2018
LincolnDrillHall, Marketing at Lincoln Drill Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear bekkiloveridge,
Thank you for your lovely review. It is really great to hear that you appreciated our music in the cafe bar on Saturday! We love that you find the Drill Hall so welcoming and hope to see you back with us very soon :)