“Beautiful design and friendly as you like!”
Review of Lincoln Drill Hall

Lincoln Drill Hall
Ranked #18 of 66 things to do in Lincoln
More attraction details
Owner description: Lincoln's friendliest, liveliest arts venue, packed full of the very best in theatre, comedy, musical theatre, pantomime, music, film, children's events, literature, dance... and much much more! We are open 9-5 Monday to Saturday and offer food and drink (and sometimes free live music) in our Cafe Bar between 9:30 and 4:30. The bar is also open for business when events are on in the evenings.
Reviewed 4 July 2018

We loved Lincoln Drill Hall! The staff are so welcoming, the programme of evens there is brilliant with a really good mix of different art forms. There is a lovely bar/cafe space where they have acoustic acts regularly. The main hall is great... and has an interesting history.

1  Thank Madelaine M
LincolnDrillHall, Marketing at Lincoln Drill Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Madelaine M,
Thank you for your kind review. It's always lovely to hear so much brilliant feedback. We are really proud of our programming and venue, so to hear people love it is wonderful.

We hope we can welcome you back to the Drill Hall very soon- and you get to see lots of the shows coming in our up-coming season! :D

All reviews
"multi storey"
"local musicians"
"booking system"
in 2 reviews
"excellent value for money"
"all ages"
"coffee shop"

Reviewed 29 May 2018

This was my very first time, at a Beer Festival and I will not be returning. But unfortunately I was so disappointed. The leaflet sounded really good, but did not deliver up to what it was saying. There was music but not live music and I got there about 12:30pm, on Friday 25th May. Has I paid for £3:00 to get in and another £3:00 for the glass, (which you get your glass money back, if you don't want the glass.) If you are going to charge people to get in, it should only be about 50p or £1:00. As I went into the Beer Festival, I realised that it was not how I thought it was going to be. I honesty thought that there will be plastic cups, so that you could try the Beers and Ciders for free. Then if you did like the taste of the drink, then you can buy it or take some bottles home with you. I went to a Food Festival that I did not have to pay,
to get in and there was Beers there. That you could taste for free and then if you like the Beers, then you can buy it. Also with the glasses, if you have a Beer then finish that Beer and get a different Beer, then you are going to taste the Beer you had before has there is no place for you to wash the glass up. I did tell one of the lady's, that it was my first time at a Beer festival and she spoke to a lady and then she let me taste three Ciders for free. Which was very nice of her and then I brought a Cider from her. All the staff are nice and friendly.

LincolnDrillHall, Marketing at Lincoln Drill Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear sarahking100,
We are very sorry that you were left disappointed with the prices of the Beer Festival. As you rightly say it is £3 to get in, and the £3 is for a deposit for the glass which is returned at the end.

We don't believe that £3 is too excessive a charge to come into the Festival with its food and drink stalls, but apologise if you felt we were not clear enough. There is live music through out the weekend, but they do take breaks, of course. We shall strive to make this clearer in future. It is the case at most Beer Festivals that it is the same format and similar prices, if not a little more expensive than ours, so I hope you are not swayed from going to them in future.

I hope that other than the prices you enjoyed the festival and had an enjoyable time.

We hope you might visit the Drill Hall in the future

Reviewed 20 May 2018

We've been to several shows and never been disappointed. We have taken our grandchildren and great grandsons to shows and they have thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

LincolnDrillHall, Marketing at Lincoln Drill Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear David J,
Thank you for your awesome review! We really appreciate your continued support of the venue. It's always great to hear that you have enjoyed your time here over the years and found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back here very soon :)

Reviewed 11 April 2018

This is a great venue, small but attracting some big names and the staff could not be more helpful. The Cafe Bar is also a lovely place to just relax, listen to local musicians and enjoy reasonably priced food and drink - who doesn't love the thought of cake at a comedy gig! I've been here numerous times before and the most recent being for Kevin Bridges, a busy night but once again the service was second to none.
NCP car park next door (ouch to those prices) but a couple of multi storey carparks in walking distance.

Dear Michelle D,
Thank you for your brilliant review! We all loved reading your kind words. We are really proud of getting such big names to the Drill Hall and pleased to punch above our weight. Cake at a comedy gig is also an excellent idea!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Drill Hall very soon :)