“Lovely country park with great facilities”

The Natural World Centre, Whisby
Ranked #13 of 95 things to do in Lincoln
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the eco-challenges of our changing world when you visit the Natural World Centre at Whisby Nature Park. Enjoy the 'Our Changing World' exhibition or one of the temporary exhibitions. Sample light refreshments and delicious home cooked meals in the stunning lakeside setting of the Boardwalk Cafe. Browse for unique gifts in our gift shop stocked with fair trade, recycled and natural products. An abundance of wildlife awaits you in 375 acres of lakes, woodland, ponds and grassland at the Nature Park. Come and enjoy a walk, watch the wildlife or join in with one of our great children's activities. It's only natural you will want to stay!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited the Natural World Centre again today , followed the yellow route around the lakes, Easy walking , lovely to see so many dogs enjoying a swim in the lake. The whole centre is really well looked after . The café and the Otters bar coffee area all very pleasant . Had an excellent choice of gluten free options for me which is rare usually.

All reviews
"whole family"
"few hours"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Visited here with friends and a four year old visitor. He enjoyed following the map and arrows around one of the walks. The lakes and wildlife make this a very pleasant day out. The walks are easy and accessible for wheelchairs, I was pleased that there was one walk where dogs were not allowed and that dogs had to be kept on leads elsewhere. There are indoor and out door play facilities. We had a lovely lunch in the cafe. Very reasonably priced. One disappointment was the shop. There were no postcards for sale and I thought the greetings cards were rather naff. The shop used to stock quality cards with photographs of wild birds, animals and flowers: that might be seen in the area. Parking at £2 for the day seems a fair price.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner took ower 3 children to wisby nature park and if I'm honest it was a lovely day out .we arrived urly in the morning we did some fishing and the fish was very healthy and it was a beautiful lake .after fishing we had some lunch and the food was fantastic and the staff was amazing and so helpful and caterd to ower very need. It truly was a amazing time as they have a children's area witch is nicely looked after and very clean and ower children was very very happy and that's what counts .we then had a walk around the nature park and the animals was very very well looked after and my little girls loved feeding them and learning all oubout the diferent variaty of animals at wisby nature park .after ower walk we had a lool aroimd the suvanear shop and I thought it was very reasonably priced and treated my girls to a few presents to mark the day we had a lovely family day out at wisby nature park . I would defiantly recommend a visit hear as I promise you will not be unhappy with the food and the facilities. Very happy customer will defiantly be returning again as I wish it had a six star rating system as I would give you six .

Reviewed 27 March 2018

A good car park with charges in March when we visited it was £2 which is very good value.
Lots of different walking trails, all given a colour code to follow. Bird hides for viewing at different stops on the way. I think there where 4 lakes to walk around.

A volunteer on hand while we were there, discussing the trails and what we wanted our of the park, he showed us different nesting birds on his binoculars tripod. Chatting about birds arriving shortly.

A lovely time would be May when all the baby birds will be hatching, hoping to catch the park then..

There’s toilets and a cafe although we didn’t venture in this time..and a children’s play area.

I would recommend a visit we shall be back when visiting this area again..hopefully May.

1  Thank Symba2014