“Great evening”

Haycock and Tailbar Associates Leicester
Ranked #125 of 1 320 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$24 - US$45
Description: A cocktail and supper room, centrally located, but a world away from the hustle and bustle! Whether you're joining us for steaks - or just cocktails, we look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Staff friendly and great food & drink :) Will definitely be coming back. Lollipop safari is a must!!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

A friend and I booked a very last minute table here on a Tuesday evening, but they were very quick with responding and accommodating us. The whole experience from start to finish was wonderful, beginning with the very intriguing front entrance! We were sat down in a lovely little booth, but when we asked to watch the cocktails being made, they offered us to sit at the bar which was a fantastic experience with front row seats! Rob and Rob (handy that you both have the same name to make it easier for us to remember) were absolutely brilliant, and made the whole experience even more enjoyable. Only went in for cocktails, but after having a browse through their fascinating food menu, I am sure we will be back soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Wow what a place. Loved it, great food great drinks and great staff. Love what they have done. If you fancy a moody cool dark evening this is the place. Enjoyed it so much tool friends back two days later. Five stars I will be returning again very soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband had a lovely time here. I did like the setting although I felt it was too dark. The service was brilliant and cocktails were incredible. There was a friendly atmosphere, we will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant for a meal with with 6 lady friends. I arrived and rang the door bell to the restaurant and a man answered and asked if we had table booked. I explained we had and gave the name to which he then slammed the door in my face to go and check. Not the best start! We were let in and seated upstairs. We ordered 2 bottles of prosecco, a white and a rose, cocktails and a meal each. I ordered the buffalo steak. The meat arrived sealed but pretty raw on the tablet and you cut it into smaller pieces and then return it to the tablet to cook it to your own preference. The buffalo was the toughest and chewiest meat I can remember eating. I’m not one to complain but after getting about half way through with jaw ache, I complained to the waitress. Without even looking at the meat she said it was the way that I’d cooked it on the tablet. I then showed her one piece of inedible meat and explained that this wasn’t the case as it was still red inside and insisted she take this bit to the chef which she seemed reluctant to do. She came back and said it was too late to offer me anything else and that she would offer me a free drink, but I asked for a free dessert instead which she agreed to. I wasn’t overly impressed given that I’d paid £23 for this piece of steak. The desserts came. Mine was a warm chocolate pudding with nuts and wasn’t far off what you’d buy as a microwave pudding. The bill came which we thought was a bit high, then realise the waitress had charged us £75 for the Rose prosecco and £60 for the white (she has pressed the button for champagne instead.) She had also charged me for the ‘free’ dessert’ so the bill had to go back to be rectified.
This restaurant is very dark and portrays itself to be up market and A list, when in reality, the food isn’t of a good quality, the staff are pretentious with an attitude and when you’re spending that kind of money per person, I’d expect a better service and nice surroundings (the bathrooms weren’t all that special which is how you can sometimes spot the real winners.) I wouldn’t both again. The idea is great, execution needs a lot of work!

5  Thank anna4450