US$114
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Abinger Guest House(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$73
Abbey Hotel(Leicester)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$74
US$68
Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$40
Priceline
Plough Inn(Wigston)
US$105
Book now, pay at stay
US$98
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstoney covebig plateexcellent value for moneywould stay againcooked breakfastbleach
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the kids choice as they have done Hungry Horse before. We went to celebrate my wife’s 50th birthday and I couldn’t have been anymore disappointed. The service was snail pace, we waited an hour and 20 minutes for our food to arrive. The food was poor quality, we were inside and there were flies all over your food. The staff were disengaged as if they had all been handed their p45s. Absolutely rubbish, a pub waiting to venture into liquidation, I will never return.

1  Thank Nigel C
Conor B, Manager at Mill on the Soar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Nigel,
I am sad that we did not meet your expectations and that we have disappointed you, I would like extend my apologies and I will be looking into these issues to ensure we can improve upon these matters. I look forward to welcoming you again sometime very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in today for dinner with a disabled friend.
Queued for 10 minutes to order food as only one person serving and getting drinks as other staff chatted.
Ordered a curry for my friend but no they hadn't got any.
Chicken with bbq sauce , but they didn't have any ordinary peas but the " Chef"could open a tin of mushy ones.
After an hours wait we were served .
Two plates of cold slimey chicken , dolloped with a squirt of sauce , a chunk of tepid congealed bacon fat, half a dozen chips and a half raw half burnt tomato.
The waitress explained the " chef" had had an accident in the kitchen and looking at the state of the food had also possibly, like us, lost the will to live.
Total slop, badly cooked, badly served and possibly the way my insides are gurging about to exit in a hurry.
The disabled toilets were filth , lacking in hand rails and a ridiculous latch lock which would be difficult to use for people with limited ability.
For goodness sake train your staff on customer service , cook food properly and buy some stock.
Awful and by the looks of recent reviews looking customers at a very rapid rate.
Now excuse me as the chicken is about to take revenge.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jane H

Dear Jane,
I am very sorry to hear that the last visit to us was poor and that you were disappointed with it, I will be taking all matters up with the team as soon as they are next in. I would like to apologise for that visit and ensure that all the matters will be resolved and I hope that you can return so we can restore your confidence in us.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When we visited they were clearly short staffed. It wasn’t that busy with customers, but there was only 1 person behind the bar and a lot of people ordered food. Another person joined her, but whilst she was serving us, she was too busy chatting and flirting with other customers/her friends to listen to me.

As you can see by the attached menu photo, the kids drinks options shows a yazoo milkshake - asked for that. The answer was (flatly and rudely) “We don’t do them” queried why it was on the menu then? No explanation. Asked for a Fruit shoot hydro “got none.” My children go loopy on normal fruit shoots and Capri sun (it’s not the sugar - it’s a common ingredient) so I said can I just have Diet Coke - I like to be fair on my reviews and this was accommodated for.

Food was average to good for the price level and market the pub aim for, portions generous. They forgot my coleslaw that came with my meal and my side order. Not a huge deal in itself, but again poor service - a quick “sorry” would have sufficed.

We probably will return, this place could be such a good place as the location and outdoor area is nice. I think they just need some decent long term staff who give a tiny bit of a stiff about the customers.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Jess,
Firstly I would like to apologise for this visit and can ensure you that I will be looking into these issues tomorrow and I will be raising them at the next team meeting to ensure we can improve upon these issues.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Understaffed meals all came out randomly one didn’t come at all then after we chased it up the wrong meal came also no onion rings on the gammon no side of peppercorn sauce arrived cold mash fries clearly been refried desserts again randomly but after I chased them up nearly an hour then my lads dessert had no cookies in it as described on menu at 5.49 needs to be spot on so awful really

Dear Reviewer,
Im sorry that you have been disappointed with your visit with us, we will be speaking with the team members at the next team meeting to tell them that this is unacceptable and we will be looking for ways to rectify these issues.
I hope we can convince you to try us once more so we can prove that we have improved upon your feedback.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Awful meals were warm not hot then waited 10 minuets for plates to be cleaned away then puddings came well only 2 of the 5 had to wait 10minutes before another came out and then 5 minuets for the other 2 shocking won’t be coming here again gave it a second chance but not again no sorry for the long wait staff could only carry 1 plate of food at a time service was just awful 1 staff member had her 2 children there not sure of this is how you run a business but would never happen where I work shocking

Dear Sam,
Im sorry to hear that you have been disappointed with your last few visits with us, i will be speaking to the manager today to ensure that all the issues that you have mentioned can be discussed and to ensure we can improve on these issues.
We hope to welcome you back soon, and would like to sincerely apologise for these previous visits.