“nice wings and service”
Review of Plukd

Plukd
Ranked #255 of 1 309 Restaurants in Leicester
Reviewed 28 June 2018

had a small issue with the wings the other day but called them and they immediately replaced my food and also added an extra drink and started which was nice. the wings are really good but nothing beats the plukd fries

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this place. Always a friendly face to great you and the food is soooo good! Loving the new menu btw guys, yummy!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

On approach the staff were all friendly and the member of staff serving had a big welcoming smile on his face and proceeded to welcome us verbally and explain what they serve and how their food is prepared. We ordered the wingman deal which is very reasonably priced considering the amount of food you get and it was ready in 10 minutes (even though there were others waiting too). The wings were almost addictive they were so tasty and the Froreo's desert was amazing. If you havn't been your missing out on literally the best wings in town! Ill be back again and again.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I called to ask a few questions and very very surprised at the dedication of the guy at the end of the phone, witty passionate and knowledgeable.
I Told him that I would be reviewing him and writing it in my various columns.
I ordered £40 worth of wings fries and sides and even gave them a forty minute head start.
My daughter arrived at the time stated 7.10pm only to have to wait a further 15mins for the food.!!! Not a good start !!!
When she brought the food home, some three minutes away, the fries were already tepid, not helped by being in an open cup ( get proper take out cartons )
We opened the macs only to find the tops completely blackened and dry, (not good for the kids ) the plain wings were dry and not tasty at all, the buffalo wing had a strange over powering vinegar smell and taste to them, and the ganum style wings were good but dry underneath the Korean coating.
The slaw was very washy, watery mayo and untasty.
The pickles were almost heavily battered crisps, with oil dripping out!!! Not your finest hour I’m afraid and certainly not one I would recommend.
Shame as the food delivered does match your very well worded menu or your enthusiasm over the phone.
Handy hints;
Invest in take away containers that compliment your food.
Check the food before it’s sent
Be on time

Plukd P, Owner at Plukd, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Hey there..

It's the Wing King here, the gentleman you talked to on the phone.

Thank you kindly for your feedback and we receive it gladly. I just wanted to take this opportunity to address a couple of your points.

You mentioned you haven't been to our store sir when we spoke on the phone, so you are not aware that generally we operate as a team of two and we are often very busy. When we take pre orders we take an estimated arrival time and aim to have the food ready at that time. As stated, you requested 19:10 and sir your food was ready and at its freshest at that time, I personally made sure of it after our conversation. Please do check what time your daughter arrived (I have before writing this I won't mention it though). If you miss your pre order time and we move on to another order, we do unfortunately have to que you until we can get back to your order as some items are finished at the last minute to ensure freshness, for example your fries.

We have two styles of packing our food sir.. A delivery style with different packaging and an eat fresh style for those dining in store. As you said you were 2min around the corner we pack you as a fresh diner.. I do not know how long it took from the store to get you but ultimately it's just a bummer you had a negative experience.

You are entitled to your opinion of the food itself.. but do remember I expressly told you that "fresh is best" and to keep that in mind before you put pen to paper.

Thank you kindly.

Regards

Plukd

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Loved this place! I went for the first time and it most definitely will not be the last!
Tried a mixture of sauces with the wings and would recommend the buffalo sauce... I think it was called that. The mushrooms were beaut! And the service was even better! The owner chatted to us and was very friendly and interesting.