“Typical Italian style chain restaurant”
Review of Prezzo

Prezzo
Ranked #559 of 1 275 Restaurants in Leicester
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Arriving at 6.15pm we were shown to an attractive booth in the bright and attractively dressed restaurant. From the standard Prezzo menu, we ordered mains of spaghetti carbonara, calzone and pork belly. All tasted excellent. The crispy pork belly came with broccoli, mushrooms, baby potatoes and beans in a white marsala wine source. Surprisingly a further side could be chosen from the menu as free accompaniment. Service was functional and efficient.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my 2 friends went and had dinner at Prezzo this evening. We had to wait half an hour for a table, the place was quite busy so wasnt an issue. We sat and chatted. We then got seated and the lady took our order.... drinks and food came out at the same tine. Not great but not a big deal. Our food came, we ate and then sat and chatted. 15 minutes passed and no one had cleared our plates. Food was ok.We then asked for the bill, another 15 mins later and nothing. I then went up and asked for the bill again. She said she had to wait for the manager, yet the manager was standing around not doing much.... a couple of looks over later and still nothing. Asked another waitress and again nothing. It ended up me getting up going to the front to get any sort of attention, i dont think they would of noticed if we would have left tbh... once we went and paid the bill at the front, there was no appology, no real emphathy or acknowledgment of the fact we had waited over half an hour to pay a bill at this point our plates were still there. Found the service really bad, the manager didnt look like she wanted to be there and wont be going back

1  Thank EBell23
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for an evening meal one week day evening.
It wasn't busy when we arrived. There were 2 of us. We were seated pretty quickly.

Someone coming to take our drinks order took a long time so we ordered food at the same time.
A mushroom risotto and the ravioli with a side of fries.

Risotto was bland. Had no taste at all. It was like rice pudding but with less flavour. I had to cover it in black pepper just to give it some taste.

Ravioli was nothing to write home about and the fries were just fries. Same as anywhere.

Drinks didn't even arrive until part way through the meal.

No checking on the food while we were eating. When asked at the end of everything was ok - I just grunted but got no response.

Asked for the bill. Didn't arrive. Went up to pay in the end.

As I say - it wasn't busy and there seemed to be enough staff.

Overall. Not a very good impression when I've never eaten at a prezzo before.

Probably won't bother again either.

1  Thank LesleyDavies34
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

I absolutely love this restaurant! All the staff are always really friendly and very helpful and never once have I had a bad meal. I know if I come here I’ll always be in a lovely environment around friendly staff and have a nice meal! It’s very reasonably priced as well. I need to eat gluten free so when I eat out I always dread it being a problem but it never once has been here. They have a great gluten free selection and the staff never make me feel embarrassed by it which I have experienced in other restaurants. The manager is amazing as well and always remembers me which is also really nice. I can’t recommend this place enough. The only criticism I have is with the new menu now not having GF next to meals which now makes it harder for people like myself where as the old menu was so much clearer and saved me having to keep asking. But that’s something prezzo as a company need to realise and address that’s nothing to do with meridian branch. It’s my favourite Prezzo restaurant :)

2  Thank Kerry M
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

This was our first time eating here and will definitely be going back. Staff very attentive and food delicious. Thank you very much