“Pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We have ate at a franky and bennys in the Midlands near where we live and the service and food is what I can only describe as mediocre at best, cold corn on the cob items missing off food.

Then we came to Blackpool for our anniversary and after our original plan for tea hit a snag we decided let’s go here we know it may not be the best but at least it’s food. How wrong we were, we was seated immediately by the lady who turned out to be our server ( blonde hair with earings in both ears) she was very friendly, polite and efficient.

We shared the cheese and garlic bread which we found to be cooked well and very tasty (went down like a treat). My wife had the 7oz steak and chips (steak v well done) she thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the chicken parmigiana, the chips where spot on soft on the inside but beautifully crisp on the outside, the pasta was slightly overdone for my liking but that’s just me, the sauce had a delicate tomato taste, the chicken and bacon was juicy and cooked well.

Only i had a pudding which was the strawberry mess which I enjoyed.

I would recommend this restaurant even if you have had bad experiences with this brand before.

1  Thank Noalll

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Great food great atmosphere children friendly staff are very helpful and go out of their way to make you feel welcome we went there together as a family for adults 6 children and we all had a good time lots to choose on the menu we went there for breakfast and ended up going back for lunch and dinner bacon and pancakes never tried it before but now I want it all the time kids thought it was really silly but we all had a good time and enjoyed ourselves if you're gonna go somewhere you best go there first and then you won't go anywhere else

1  Thank andrewwC6786FS
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Dropped in here for dinner as we were passing through Blackpool. Got lost trying to find the entrance as its all changed since we were here last!

The usual Frankie and Bennys food - lots to choose from, and did Irn bru which pleased my husband!!

Restaurant was clean and the service was fast and friendly. The food was delicious and kids ate for £1. They also did free refills for the kids. One of my boys got the mocktail which was too much ice and not enough drink.

I love the old Frankie and Bennys sound track which they seem to be modernising these days. Bring back the old music!! All in all a good time had by all!

1  Thank Mags B
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We were going to a concert at the winter gardens my husband had a email with money off so we decided to go there before. The waitress was lovely and food okay. A different menu since we last went to a F&B. We both agreed it was nice but not we’d probably not go again.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Visited with a Wowcher, service was very slow and hit and miss ( due to being understaffed no doubt despite the volume of customers) took ages to receive our starter, even longer wait for main course, on finally finding a staff member to ask where it was, we were informed they had lost it!!!! so how longer would we have waited if not inquired of the delay! not a pleasant 1st experience,I did not expect fine dining, nor high quality, it is a glorified fast foot restaurant at the end, but with trying the Wowcher it has not encouraged me to dine here again!!!