“Carson ”
Review of The Velvet Coaster

The Velvet Coaster
Ranked #64 of 779 Restaurants in Blackpool
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

my wife she had the chicken and it was rock hard stuff for not friendlyStafford got bee friendlyand the food can be nicer in there

Write a ReviewReviews (2 508)

35 - 39 of 2 509 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have visited lots of Wetherspoons pubs, always for breakfast. This one was my favourite. It is large, with dining at ground level, both inside and out. There is also an excellent rooftop terrace which was our preferred choice. Service was quick and efficient. The whole establishment (including toilets) was clean. Top marks all round!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Outstanding pub, astonishing views. Good selection of beers, usual good food from Wetherspoons. Staff terrific, eclectic bunch, I particularly loved the girl with pink and yellow hair, she was very helpful and friendly. Sat on the balcony, weather ok but windy and cool, but glass screens protected us from the elements.
I am a huge advocate of Wetherspoons and what they do, its exactly what the public want, no matter where you are!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

visited for lunch and sat on the terrace it's a beautiful pub and the best Wetherspoons ive been too the food was lovely and service was good,all different people from families couples and hen and stags there was a lovely atmosphere and will definitely go back in October

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I was in Blackpool exploring the piers when we realised we had not eaten breakfast. We wanted to find somewhere that would not cost a fortune and would fuel us for the rest of the day. As we were walking along the pier we noticed the sign for The Velvet Coaster and with it being a Wetherspoons, we knew we could not go wrong.

Located just beyond the North Pier on the promenade in the heart of Blackpool, the pub can be accessed by foot or by tram if coming further a field. There is a car park around five minutes away but at £10, it is not cheap if you are intending to just nip in.

Being a Wetherspoons pub, the pub offers a selection of alcoholic and soft drinks, tea, coffees, hot chocolate and an extensive menu that caters for everyone. The breakfast menu runs up until Midday and includes a traditional English breakfast, porridge, toast, Eggs benedict and bagels. If you pay for tea and coffee then you get endless refills (which you refil yourself at the machine).

When we went in I ordered a breakfast wrap, my husband ordered a bacon roll and then we ordered tea and coffee. It came to around £11 and was worth every penny. The breakfast wrap was served quickly and tasted hot and delicious. It fuelled me for the day and was excellent value for money. Although we only had one hot drink each when we could have had refills, it would be an ideal place to take the weight off and enjoy the panoramic view of the beach, the piers and the ocean.

We enjoyed it so much that we went back to have drinks in the evening.

Tip: The pub can be quite busy so to avoid the wait, download the Wetherspoons app and order from you table.

Definitely with a visit if you are in Blackpool and wanting somewhere lovely to eat and drink.

Look out for Pat B who works there and was lovely when helping me with the coffee machine.