“Very Run Down”

Ranked #57 of 101 Nightlife in Blackpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 26 September 2017

I attended a birthday party here and was a little surprised at how run down the place was. It is very much the bottom end of the market. It is located on a road parallel to the sea front and there is a shortage of parking near by.

Ma Kelly's South is your typical seaside pub and seemed to attract people drinking to excess.

There are average performers on stage from time to time during the day and karaoke is available to guests

Reviewed 5 September 2017

decore was nice .... lagers playing up . chatted to young lad behind friendly ... first singer came on ... think got a drink problem 6 doubles to get going ..... young girl working she was a laugh and friendly well done gave her a tip ..... next singer ... got crowd going mixed well with people joking with them but not rude ..... i enjoyed my time there ...
I WILL BE GOING BCK SOON

1  Thank Alan J
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

As blackpool is known for its family friendly approach it didn't cross my mind to check if our toddler would be welcome.
We entered the bar and a lad took our drinks order and the £13 odd it cost and before I could pick up my glass a different chap approached me and picked up the front of my daughters pushchair and told me that under 18s were not allowed and started to pull my daughter and pushchair towards the door.
He went backwards out the door and then left.
Now I think they could have been nicer in telling me this and perhaps mentioned it before we spent our money in there.

2  Thank Pippin E
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Been drinking there for years but getting worse by the day.I was sitting at a table on my own and was using my camera on my phone to video the inside to show my wife what it was like.The arrogant manageress came to me and said I can't film people without their consent.I said I was just catching it on my phone to show my wife but she would have none on it.She told me to put my phone away and get out now.I said are you joking and a min later she had a bouncer there to throw me out.I've been drinking there for over 4 years and have never caused trouble and spend a lot of cash there.THIS IS totally acceptable and my wife and I will NEVER go there again.She was arrogant, rude and in my face. Plenty of better places to drink than that place and they won't be seen any more of my cash.

2  Thank porkpie400
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I have reviewed the Ma Kelly's north by mistake and appologies to them but I'm angered by the way our party was treated in their bar at the south.Whenever one of us went to order drinks we were ignored and made to wait.I at one time asked three different girls nicely for our drinks but was ignored by then all and my friend had to come and wait as I got very angry and left the bar.they were only interested in the locals and basically didn't want us there.the manageress was no help and pretty rude to say the least.personally I will never set foot in that place again not a good atmosphere and ignorant staff.all of them.

3  Thank RACEDAYS