US$80
Big Blue Hotel(Blackpool)
US$220
US$156
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$106
US$97
Travelodge
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnew ownersbeach roomupgraded roomsadult entertainmentgames roompremium roomswimming poollounge areafood was lovelyturkey and tinseltram stopweekend breaknext yearmonday to fridayrestaurant staffkeep up the good workmeal times
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First visit in over 8 years as last time said I wouldn't go again. The hotel has new owners and undergone refurbishment to a high standard. The lounge/bar is large, warm, comfortable and very welcoming. Dining room is large, although it was quite cool one night, however the waitress did turn down the air con. Food is varied menu and excellent. We stayed in a standard room with a double and single bed. Although old it was very large and comfortable with an ensuite shower room. All the staff are pleasant and obliging. We viewed a couple of the upgraded suites and these were beautiful. Would definitely recommend and return.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrades if you can afford it, premier rooms are onky £5pppn extra, but standard are adequate.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Yvonne P
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I booked a Gin and Jazz week end for my parents anniversary as my Dad is a big jazz enthusiastic.
The room my parents were given was very good and the receptionist very welcoming helping my Mum with the free wi fi.
The Dining room was very pleasant with plentiful good quality food.
The big let down was NO GIN tastings it became a joke with the guests and the DJ was bumping out music and bingo not conducive to the elegant era of jazz the music which was totally unsuitable for a jazz week end more likened to a disco week end not a sophisticated jazz and gin week end. The entertainment room was also freezing cold with air conditioning so cold that my parent both came home with cold. They mentioned it to the receptionist and still nothing was done so they sat in their coats.
The entertainment was a complete let down except for the Saturday evening A Cafe Jazz band which were brilliant worthy of any jazz club with a superb lady singer who kept the evening going even against all the odds. The gin cocktails were over priced and filled up with so much ice that there was no taste of gin. My Dad said he felt so sorry for the band and that they were the best thing about the evening, the room wasn't decorated in a jazz theme and the week end other than the jazz band on the Saturday night was a big let down. How can you advertise a jazz week end as my Dad described with a DJ belting out old classics instead of jazz they got knees up mother brown and the other acts were not suited to jazz. What could have been a superb tribute to jazz and gin became a joke week end with guests. The only thing jazz was one band on the Saturday night. The hotel has had a make over but it still has that feeling of a bingo and knees up with far too many tribute artistes. Other than that the catering and dining room staff are very pleasant and food of quite good quality. My tip would be if you are booked a themed week end check that every night is actually of the theme you are booking as my parents came home a little deflated.

Room Tip: All rooms seem of a good standard.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

43 members of our family stayed for the weekend to celebrate my uncles 80th birthday . I was allocated one of the newer rooms and it was lovely well decorated and spacious (family room) the only thing I would say is that as there is no air con the rooms get very hot and I know a lot of our party had to ask for fans . Another thing I would say is that there are not enough plugs scattered around the rooms the only ones are by the dressing table where the tv and kettle plug in to so it meant I couldn’t have the fan or my phone charger plugged in next to me . The bathroom towels I also found on the small side ! The restaurant and food was lovely and the staff are very friendly and helpful . The bar in the afternoon got very busy with people ordering sandwiches and drinks and only 1 staff member was on and done the best he could but looked very stressed with all the pressure so more staff needed . Overall great location and great value for money we thoroughly enjoyed it

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Some parts of the hotel were really nice such as the newly refurbished room which was lovely and the food which was very tasty. But there were lots of issues too. Firstly, you have to buy the code for the wifi (which I can fully understand) only to find it goes on and off in public areas and didn't work in our room. Also, there was a worrying incident with the woman who was in charge of the maids as we came back to our room to hear her yelling at an immigrant maid in a voice and speed that would be insulting for me to use on my four year old son. I don't want my children observing employees being insulting to immigrants and thinking it is okay to copy that behaviour!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Elizabeth0100
LizHotelSheraton, Owner at Hotel Sheraton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Hi Elizabeth,
Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed our lovely food and new décor. However I was upset to read about your concerns and I can only imagine that it was a while ago that you stayed with us.
You have referred to paying for wifi but we haven't charged for WIFI since January 2017 which makes me believe you stayed with us over 18 months ago. We did have quite a vocal Head housekeeper but about two years ago she was replaced with a lady who is superb and very proud of her bedroom assistants.
You also be pleased to know that FREE WIFI is now throughout the whole hotel.
I really appreciate your feedback and I hope you will return.

Best wishes
Liz

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I've just come back from the Sheraton after spending 1/6 to 3/6 with my mate, I had a double room to myself and my mate had a single room, my room was adequate for me alone of course, but would also be adequate for a couple,not a very big room ,but big enough. I had a sea view room which was good but on the Friday it was very hot and the window you could open is very high nd although I managed to open it ,I couldn't open it very wide so I didn't get much fresh air inside. I have to say the food was excellent all served fresh and hot, full English breakfast with as much tea/ coffee and toast as you want, the staff were all spotless, well mannered and very helpful, a special mention for Liz from housekeeping who very kindly ironed a shirt and a pair of jeans for me when she found out I had a bad back ( excellent customer service, thanks again liz).... I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the Sheraton and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank keverton

Hi
Thanks so much for your 5 out of 5 response. Our motto is 'Nothing is too much trouble' and I am glad you experienced that first hand.
Its a great review covering all aspects of the hotel - thank you so much and please try and come again. If you would like a room with wide opening windows, one of the brightest is 326, a Beach House room which can be a Twin or Queen size Double. Its not sea facing but has a large window over looking houses, a golf course and the Pennines in the distance.
Thank you again and I will pass your message to Liz
Best wishes