US$78
US$104
AA Central Hotel(Blackpool)
US$98
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$97
Travelodge
Reviews (1 154)
1 154 results
All reviewsnational holidayssea viewentertainment every nightmonday to fridaybuffet stylebus stopbar pricesvisited this hotelfood was lovelyenjoyable stayclean towelscouldn't do enoughfriendly hotelkeep up the good workshort breakcouldn't faultgreat weekend
27 - 32 of 1 154 reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Stayed here on a 4 day National Holiday weekend break. After reading some of the negative reviews, after booking, I was a little apprehensive. However, I was more than happy with my stay at The President, especially for what I paid. A few negatives first; the room was quite cold, as the radiator was only luke warm, it was a very cold weekend in Blackpool though; the lift was out of action for 3 days due to advertised 'customer damage' so it was quite a trek up to the 4th floor, but you can't blame the hotel for this; and, the corridors were very noisy, but this was down to inconsiderate guests, not the hotel. Now the positives; a great location, being a short walk into town and a bus and tram stop on the doorstep; the room itself was more than adequate, relatively small but everything needed was in there and was well serviced; the food was excellent, attentive staff, decent portions and a pleasant dining area. I didn't use the bar area, so can't comment on this. I was pleasantly surprised with my whole experience of The President and wouldn't be afraid to stay there again. The only tip I would give is for less mobile guests to request a room on the lower levels to compensate for any issues with the lift.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank NeilG0503
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The staff was friendly. However The Equipment in the room such as Spoons, cups etc were quite dirty from previous Users, The rooms are a great size but weren’t the cleanest, I also had a dodgy experience there when I was lounging in the waiting room and a homeless man entered and repeatedly asked me for Any change, I didn’t have anything on me and told the man too wait, and I went too find a member of staff, and their response was “leave him he’ll go when he is ready” which I thought was despicable, however the beds were comfy and Food was great!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited with our 3 year old daughter, 10 month old son, and our dog.

All we really needed was a bed and were given a room on 4th floor with sea view. Double bed, single bed and a cot. It was perfectly adequate for what we needed which was really a place to sleep. It’s right opposite a tram stop so easy access for touristy things.

We didn’t use any facilities at the hotel so can’t comment. The lift, however, is painfully slow, and the bed was particularly uncomfortable but this would not put me off visiting again. We didn’t pay a lot for the room so didn’t expect much.

There was mildew round the window (which is locked) and the paint peeling away slightly on the wall. Mugs and spoons for tea were dirty from last user. However, we were there for one night and we weren’t bothered by these things.

Close enough to takeaways and a coop, you are, however, asked not to bring food from outside the hotel into the hotel, we didn’t realise till we were leaving.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

DO NOT VISIT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!! rooms are infested and dirty , staff are ok to be fair and try there best , worst place I’ve visited , owners should be ashamed of themselves how do you sleep at night knowing your ripping ppl off !?

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank petera1212
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Just returned from wend at the president.upgraded room to 4floor sea view.the bed was massive. Food good 99p bar.was very enjoyable stay will be going back.lovely friendly hotel.just 20 minute walk into town.entertainment was good.look out for George bingo ticket seller.lovely guy.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 404 .ok if you can get upstairs.lovey sea view
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple