Reviews (4 220)
4 220 results
1 648
1 648
See what travellers are saying:
1 550 - 1 555 of 4 220 reviews
Reviewed 16 November 2015

Always wanted to stay here since it was owned by Butlins, still got lots of character but lots of the decor and walls are in a bad state, windows in rooms either do not close or do not open, had rough weather and wondows partially open and blowing a gale, several guests had problems with cold rooms and poor draughty windows, once sorted our room was very humid, no idea how you would fair in hot weather bedrooms and main function rooms have no air conditioning we was roasting in the evening when function was on, the foyer is freezing do to outside door keep opening yet this is where free wifi can be obtained. As we was disabled we had a ground floor room which was great apart from the windows. All staff helpful and friendly except a sullen faced woman in the kitchen who puts food out she is as miserable as sin. This was our second year at the Billy Fury Tribute weekend, enjoyed it just wish they could cool the function room down it makes you feel quite uncomfortable. Drinks & food very reasonable. Hotel ideally placed for the train station, car park is a struggle we noticed not very big for the amount of people. Restaurant staff struggle to sort everyone but work so hard and lots take the time to share some witty banter especially Mark and the older man and the young dark skinned man is hilarious with his dry humour. The self service buffet is not ideally situated everyone struggling to get around, food very repetitive and of poor quality really done on a low budget, tinned peas, carrots and cabbage every meal, small potatoes in skins every meal. Missed lunch on last day just felt could not bother with it, salads only consist of lettuce, tomato and cucumber barely call that a salad. All in all the hotel needs an overall, especially the food, the bedroom windows, the function rooms need air conditioning, if was there in the summer dread to think how you could sit in the heat

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have sea view
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Denby
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for those aspects of your stay that you were un-happy with.

Your comments about the disappointing elements of you stay have been de-briefed with the appropriate personnel and corrective action taken as necessary.

Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

I hate leaving bad reviews but this place deserves it as they just don't care rooms are cold drafty and just not nice we called the food slop that's what it tastes like just plain aufull pay extra go else where , the staff you can tell are ashamed of the place to I norm don't leave negative feed back as a business owner myself I understand the consequences but if they don't care I don't see why I should we even had to go out to buy thick pjs as it was so cold the pic is of our bedroom ceiling says it all really !!!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kerry T
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

what a good holiday at Blackpool. The hotel was very clean and the staff were more than helpful they went above their call of duty. The room we had looked over the north pier and was very well central heated warm day and night. Food was excellent at breakfast and dinner plenty of choice. We enjoyed it that much we have booked our holiday there for next year before we left. Well done Britannia.

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank michael w

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Your comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to the Staff. Its good to get a balanced view on these matters. Sometimes one has to experience the Hotel for them selves rather than rely on dubious inaccurate reports.

I was so pleased to read that all aspects of your stay were to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

So many things wrong I don't know where to start. Let's begin with check in we arrived at the same time as a coach and rather than deal with us which would only take a minute we where asked to wait while they checked in the whole coach.
When we eventually got to our room it was a disappointment. I get this is a old and budget hotel but it could have been better. There where old water stains on the ceiling, the bathroom needed a good clean, but worst of all was the bed. It was a soft lumpy matress, the duvet was lumpy too and the bedding was cheap polycotton and we had an awful night sleep.
We paid for parking only to get home and receive a fine, when I rang the hotel about the fine they did not care and said it was up to me to sort out with parking eye.
I have since complained to Britannia hotels but a month on still no reply.
There are plenty of other hotels in Blackpool dont stay here

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tanya s

Dear Tanya S, If you e-mail me on

francis.sheridan@britanniahotels.com

I will deal with your parking fine.

Francis.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

my daughter and I stayed 12/14 September for her 50th birthday we had a sea view twin I arranged for flowers and balloons in the room very nice to.the two waitress in the dinning room were very nice. my daughter was in a wheel chair they asked what she would like and they got it for her so I could have my meal.she liked it that much she is going to book in april for her wedding anniversary so the hotel cant be that bad

Room Tip: sea view rooms
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very positive feedback. The two waitresses you refer to get a lot of positive comments and they are greatly appreciative of yours.

We look forward to welcoming you back in April.

Kind regards,