All reviews alfa travel single room blackpool promotions breakfast and evening meal bit dated public areas bar prices food was lovely hotel is situated sea front enjoyable stay couldn't fault couldn't do enough bingo sauna compere pier
Reviewed 18 August 2016

We stayed at the Queens for 5 days, I cannot understand the previous negitive revues, I thought the hotel was just right. The room I stayed in (232) had been recently decorated, and the bathroom had been modernised. (see pictures).
I thought to modernise the ground floor rooms ie the bars, lounge's, and the restaurant would be sacrilegious, I think the old worldy style should be kept.
The room sevice ladies, and the kitchen personnel were exellent, and a credit the the management.
We thought the meals were excellent, the downside to this hotel was the drink prices
£3.30 a pint, and Pils at £3.00 the pub (The Harold) just behind the Queens were selling drinks at £1.99 a pint.
I would certainly return here probably later in the season.

Room Tip: We were overlooking the sea
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alfwill
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff, the rooms are clean, the breakfast has a variety of options and very tasty. The hotel is inbetween the town centre and the pleasure beach. Seaview rooms have a nice view overlooking the promanade.The hotel is lovely. Will return when we need another short break.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2016

We were here over the weekend, breakfast is diabolical, room not the cleanest. If you need any help don't go to sharn she's vile ask for Jenny. Then entertainment is dire. We want for the air show but in future won't bother

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lynda29102016
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Firstly, the staff in this hotel are extremely friendly and helpful. You will always be guaranteed to be given a friendly and warm welcome from all reception staff (Debbie, Mark and Sharon in particular). I was given a room above the swimming pool and it was absolutely boiling. I asked Debbie at reception for a different room and this was no trouble at all. The food in the restaurant is superb and Daniel is doing a fantastic job in place of Jack. The only small thing is that as a table of three adults, it would be nice to be brought an individual portion of vegetables as well as the standard tray for a table of two, instead of always having to ask. The entertainment in the evening remains outstanding, particularly on weekdays with Peter Anthony, Heather Dee, Beth Tomas, Tony James and Sammy and Andy, all of whom are exceptional and very talented singers. However, a permanent compere is needed to hold the evening together and make bingo a bit more lively, rather than having different members of staff each night. Mike Rossi, the former compere will be an extremely hard act to follow and he knew how to keep guests entertained but unfortunately he passed away last year and I'm sure will be sorely missed by all who knew him but management does need to find someone else to follow in his footsteps. The hotel seems to have made cut backs with double acts such as back to back and this is a shame as they are great. Please do not make any more changes.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Just back from a 8 day stay at the Queens hotel and i have to say that it was a great stay our room was really nice and we had a sea view the hotel is a little dated but was clean and the meals were really good the staff were really nice i would recommend this hotel to my friends and would stay here again .

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple