All reviews neil diamond luxury room rooms are small brilliant entertainment blackpool fc nightly entertainment home cooked lovely lady great night continental breakfast bank holiday weekend toast long weekend night stay next year comfy bed great value for money
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Very friendly and welcoming hotel just off the beaten track. Nightly entertainment from the resident James Reay is second to none. Bar prices are very reasonable with a good selection of draught and bottled beers, wines and sprits. No wonder they won Channel 4's Four in a Bed.

Room tip: Smoking rooms available, request a non smoking room if you need one,
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank densonclan
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Our stay at the Winterbourne hotel was absolutely fantastic! When we first arrived (In a minibus of eight) they were more than happy to let us park in the ample car park around the back, which was perfect- especially because we had a large vehicle. After being assigned our rooms by very friendly staff, we went upstairs and settled in very well. The rooms were not the largest but they definitely suited our needs and the beds were to die for! (I overslept on the lest day because I didn't want to leave!) The facilities in the rooms were just as you need them, if not more. We had tea and coffee making facilities, an en suite shower room and a TV- perfect for short-longer breaks. Everything was spotless; you can see why they won 'Four in a Bed'!

That evening we went to see the Neil Diamond tribute, requested by my mother. The hotel has it's own bar (called Fosses) which was ideal when you wanted to stay nearby at night as we had older people in our group, too. After a meal at the Fish+Chip shop only a minute's walk down the road, we entered the bar to discover a cosy, fun atmosphere, decorated accordingly to Halloween! (The coffin on the ceiling was amazing for us gothic people!!!) The drinks were cheap and the act amazing- we couldn't have asked for more really! The singing was fantastic. The songs got the parents and grandparents dancing and us younger ones learning tales of out parents' past. I didn't think the act could ever be beaten... that is, until we met Wilma.

Me being the only gay one in our party who had seen drag type things before, the rest of the group were a bit reluctant to come and see the drag act that is Wilma in the hotel's bar. (Wilma is on every Sunday but has finished for the season now). However, after me assuring them that it would be a funny night, I recruited my family members into watching it and we came to see it. It was so HILARIOUS! Wilma was a lovely lady who was funny and, of course, very attractive. Liam cleaning the stage was a highlight too (bless his heart) and having confetti in my hair made for a great evening. We ate nachos from the hotel bar as they do snacks in the evening as well. Wilma was such a hit that we even got our grandparent laughing! And we have obviously bought two of the Wilma recorded live DVD's. Although Wilma has left for the season, please try and get to the acts in the bar. They're fab- and it's only a short walk to stagger to your rooms afterwards. The acts in the bar made the holiday for us that bit more perfect. I can't wait to see Wilma again when we return! It had an amazing stage, lighting, sound system, candles on the tables and a bar- what more do you want???

Breakfast at the Winterbourne was amazing too. Fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereal, toast, jam, tea and coffee and croissants were available free of charge, and for a very small additional price you could order a cooked breakfast (Egg on toast, full english etc), and it was delicious. It was a very spacious dining room with plenty of facilities and lovely staff again.

Overall, our stay at the Winterbourne was perfect. I honestly can't fault anything! The hotel is in the heart of wherever you need to be at Blackpool, between both piers and near to a tram stop (And bars like The Manchester, Reflex etc). It is in an ideal location with amazing hosts and Wilma. The dare 2 b different poster caught my eye on the way out too. Thank you for a fabulous stay. I can't recommend it enough! We will be sure to return next year!

PS: They let us keep the minibus in for an extra few hours as we explored on our last day. It is little things like this that the owners really helped with, so thank you.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Abigail P
Reviewed 19 October 2015

We stayed here from the 16th October , booked in until the 20 th October, on arrival we were greeted by very freindly staff, we had a ground floor double room which we requested. It was a bit on the small side but very clean , there was a group of us meeting up for a birthday celebration. The entertainment in the bar lounge was fantastic. Some of the family ordered basket meals which they enjoyed very much, the price of drinks is really very reasonable as well. It was unfortunate that we had to cut our celebrations at the winterbourne short due to illness of James who runs the bar and entertainment side that they had to close the bar down for the rest of our stay. When I explained to the manageress that we are in a pickle with our celebrations not been able to go ahead dye to the bar closing we were able to discuss alternatives and she was very very understanding when I said we would have to transfer to another hotel that had in house entertainment . She refunded us the days that we were not able to stay, she was very sympathetic , all the staff were so very helpful especially the young u lad he is a diamond nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast on a morning were really plentiful the dining room cleaned to a very high standard and very pleasent to sit in while we had our breakfast. This hotel I've also dog freindly. It's not the ritz but your not paying ritz prices. Get well soon james your theatre entertainment night was spectacular and such a pleasent suprise I did not expect such a splendid show we all enjoyed it very much.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2015

Would recommend was on ground floor and had two spaniels with us , felt very relaxed and staff very friendly , would recommend ,especially as first time in hotel with dogs !!
Room basic but very clean and warm and big enough for us , Thank you !!!
Breakfast lovely and staff couldn't be nicer

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pnnyabd
Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

I have rated this stay 5* mostly on the entertainment value and the fabulous staff that run this place they are very helpful and friendly, the entertainment Friday night was marvellous and the free food they put on was lovely too the next morning we had a good quality full English breakfast cooked to perfection, I was here for my cousins sons wedding which the evening reception was held at the hotel and it was fantastic to say the least well done winterbourne owners and staff !!! Lastly the beds are really really comfy and slept well both nights our room was small but very clean we got well over value for money and was well worth what we paid thank you for a great couple of days

Date of stay: September 2015