“The Best Orient Food”

Nour Lebanese Restaurant
Ranked #143 of 780 Restaurants in Blackpool
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came from Glasgow to visit Pleasure Beach and have fun. One of our friends recommended this restaurant for us. We really enjoyed the food delicious and fresh. Definitely I recommend this and surely we will be back.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

The worst customer service I have ever come across. I ordered a takeaway from their own website a month ago costing me nearly £40, half an hour after I had an answer phone message saying the restaurant wasn’t open and a refund would be processed the next day - there was no indication on the website the restaurant wasn’t open and it allowed me to order no problems. After a week I still didn’t have a refund so rang the restaurant only to be told it had nothing to do with them, they were pretty shirty with me and refused to acknowledge it was any of their fault and that they were able to do anything about it. I then found another number on their website to ring for a refund, who I rang and was told they would have to get in touch with the restaurant for authorisation! I have spent the last 3 week ringing about my refund to be told they have been trying to contact Nour to authorise this but have had no response from them. But according to Nour it was nothing to do with them!
On top of this I have just found out I have been charged over £10 calling these people, chasing my refund, because they are based in Jersey!!!!

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Informal restaurant, serving wide selection of hot and cold mezze of Lebanese cuisine.
We got a table without booking, and ordered 8 dishes between two of us.
The food was totally gorgeous - fresh, hot, well presented and spiced and seasoned perfectly.
Soft drinks are available, but there is no alcohol licence, so you bring your own if you want alcohol.
Service was friendly and attentive.
Prices reasonable, and portions generous.
Faultless and highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Honestly, I’ve never tried Lebanese food before so didn’t know what to expect. So refreshing. The owners clearly know what they are doing. It can be quiet sometimes but don’t let that put you off, it really is excellent and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

When you are undecided about where to spend a couple of hours dining prior to a theatre visit there's nothing like a word of mouth recommendation to tip the balance - particularly when we'd already shortlisted Blackpool's only Lebanese restaurant for a future visit.
So when our hairdresser's daughter said she'd had her best meal ever here we felt the time was right to try it. Thank goodness we did.
Topping Street used to have a great reputation for the variety and quality of eateries it housed bit of late, like so much else in the town centre, it's all become a little downtrodden.
Nour has had a number of identities over the years. The current one looks a little Spartan and doesn't have an alcohol licence - but there's no corkage charge if you take your own and enough juice options to keep you off the booze for a night.
We wouldn't normally eat as early as 5.30 but it's open all day and we had to be at theatre for 7.30. Everything is cooked fresh so we'd been warned to expect less than breakneck service but fortunately we were the only early doors diners so it balanced things out.
There's an excellent choice of hot or cold mezzes, bakery and pastries, salads, fish and sea food, charcoal grilled main courses, sandwiches, wraps and more - all at very competitive prices.
We started with a couple of firm favourites - hommos (their spelling!) and chicken livers. The former was judged to be the best my wife tasted this side of New York with a great tahine taste. My livers were likewise faultless - plenty of them and crunchier than most places opt for these days.
With so many great main and mezze choices we opted for something we'd be finished with before the theatre curtain went up. For me that meant Farrouj Meshwi (charcoal grilled boneless chicken with garlic sauce and chips. My wife went for Lahem Meshwi (charcoal grilled lamb cubes - with come complementary chips on the side to go with the salads).
Both mains were fresh from the grill and took our taste buds miles from the dismal view of arguing passers by and homeward bound bus passengers.
I had a small bottle of water (my wife took her own small wine - I was driving!) and was amazed that the total bill only came to £25.
Needless to say we will returning to this unsung gem - and this time making a night of it.