“Lunch with a friend”

Price range: US$5 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are thrilled to be able to welcome you back to enjoy a taste of Pesto in our restaurants once again. Now open for indoor dining and takeaway 7 days a week Pesto at the Dicconson Arms offers authentic Italian dining in a relaxed traditional pub environment serving cask ales and with a real fire. Perfect for a relaxing lunch, group outing or family meal, Pesto at the Dicconson Arms is also perfect for a quick stop if you are travelling on the M6 as it is located just one mile away from Junction 27 of the M6 heading towards Parbold.
Reviewed 10 September 2021

I visited here last week for lunch with a friend. It was my first visit, and won't be my last! My only problem was deciding which of the many tempting dishes on the menu to choose! My friend and I chose from the £11.99 menu. We finally opted for: Bruschetta Funghi (one of my favourites), Pollo Alla Pizzaiola, Calamari Friitti ( my friend's favourite), Ragu Di Agnello con Papardelle, Patate Di Parmigiano (my other favourite) and Pizzette Ai Quattro Formaggio. Our waiter encouraged us to order a portion of garlic bread ( we didn't need much persuasion!). Every dish was very tasty and the portions were generous.

The service was slightly slow, but as we were not in a hurry this did not matter.

We also had desserts ( although we barely had room). I had Panna Cotta, and my friend chose Torta Al Limone. We were not disappointed.

I enjoyed the experience so much, that I have already booked my next visit with a different friend!

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (783)

Reviewed 9 September 2021 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous Covid safe setting, Emily our waitress was brilliant, she explained the menu and had obviously tried the dishes and was spot on with her advice. All the food was delicious with a lovely blend of flavours, so looking forward to returning in the near future

Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

This was our first visit to Pesto. I had spaghetti bolognese which needed more tomato in, I'd also ordered chicken fillets in a tomato sauce which was good, there were some sauce left so I added it to my spaghetti bolognese which added to the taste. I also had garlic potatoes which was nice. I was a little bit disappointed with my dessert it was apple and Pear crumble with vanilla ice cream, the scoop of ice cream was on the small side and the amerretto biscuit as the crumble ruined it really. The service was slow and we didn't find the waiting staff attentive. The food though was Bob on and we enjoyed it.

1  Thank LoftyReviews
Reviewed 5 September 2021 via mobile

Came here for my sons 18th. Food arrived quickly and was delicious. Lots to chose from and they even made a plain pesto dish for a fussy eater. I especially love the prawn bruschetta. A great experience every time.

Reviewed 4 September 2021

Table booked for 7:30 for 2 people. Service was fine drinks order taken then ordered food, olives came quick and were nice enough. We ordered 8 dishes as we were hungry, all 8 dishes came at once in less than 10 mins which we thought was very quick. One dish was prawn and queen scallops in a cheese sauce, we thought the scallops were slices of spring onion they were that small. The fiery beef stew wasn’t fiery and the beef was dry (was later told it had been slow cooked for 18 hours, definitely shouldn’t be dry then). The Bolognese pasta was very watery. All in all we were in and out in an hour for 8 dishes, couldn’t get a takeaway pizza that quick. Did speak to the manager who gave 25% off the bill, but even still I wouldn’t go back. Can’t fault the waiter and serving staff though, maybe the chef should slow down and take a bit more care than rushing.