“Characterful, cosy cottage”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Hagg End

Hagg End
Large kitchen diner with american style fridge freezer King sized bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Hagg End
Large kitchen diner with american style fridge freezer
King sized bedroom
Dales Way footpath sign
Master king en-suite bedroom
The front enclosed garden area with seating
Large kitchen diner with gas range cooker
Original pot-rail with blue and white china
Twin bedroom with pine ceiling
Twin en-suite bedroom
Garden and driveway to Hagg End
Large lounge with log burner, featuring original beams
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

teesdalew...
teesdale u k
“Characterful, cosy cottage”
Reviewed 13 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

I booked this for a group of friends in their 60s, for a long weekend. We found it warm, cosy and very characterful with lots of old panelling and other original features, combined with three en suite rooms and two which shared the house bathroom. The kitchen was a recent extension and was well fitted out with plenty of space and a huge table.
Helen and Petros, the owners, live in the converted barn next door and were very welcoming and helpful, but unobtrusive.
The nearest pub, the Watermill at Ings, is a two mile, hilly walk or drive, along a very quiet single track road. (Huge selection of beers, many brewed on the premises, and decent bar food. No booking, very popular, get there early!) Most of us walked it every evening, and enjoyed the lovely countryside, and long views to the fells.
The whole party loved Hagg End, and we would certainly recommend it to others.

Lionel J
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 3 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Spent a week here in August it is like going back in time. Off the beaten track so it is a place to get away from the rat race although not far from Windermere. Would seriously think about visiting again. Plenty of walks for those that like country life.

Cleanliness
Travelling group: Family
Marion A
“Discovering England - my solo adventure”
Reviewed 21 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

I loved my stay at Hagg End Farm in April 2012.
It felt like quintessential England. The hosts Helen and Petros were warm with their welcome and kindly provided a wealth of information on what to see and do in the Lakes area. I stayed two nights and wanted more time. I was so comfortable in the historic oak lined downstairs rooms. The other past lives lived there (for 400 years) were palpable. I was treated to a tasty Shepherd's Pie when I dined-in and also an to an array of breakfast goodies to be taken at leisure when I awoke on the beautiful, calm, quiet mornings.
A flood of nostalgia recently urged me to look online again, and it was my pleasure to see that now farm stays are offered. Perfect! A solo traveller from Australia might not have this opportunity again but I wish that I could book my whole family in there for what I would consider a holiday to be treasured.

Value Cleanliness
Travelling group: Solo
Mica_Tail...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Just what we wanted!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Myself and my family, being my mum, 3 aunts, uncles and 7+ cousins stayed here over the bank holiday weekend. There were loads of us staying and being a big family we needed space. We were all coming and going all week due to work, but it was a perfect place to stay.
Located about 10 minutes drive from Windermere, it was in a perfect location to make noise, and not worry about neighbours. The cottage itself is lovely and very traditional, with a large kitchen so we could all eat together and a large living room to relax in, in the evening.
The only downside was there being no signal, but then it meant everyone had to put there phones aside for the weekend, which is always a positive.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Travelling group: Family
Peter F
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Hagg End farm cottage”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Self catered cottage. A very comfortable 'home from home' cottage. Ideal for a large party of 10 and a small dog, with plenty of room, has all facilities including a well stocked huge dining kitchen and four very adequate shower/bath rooms. The cottage was charming, with much character, and met all our needs as a base for touring the lakes and walking. It is very close to Windermere by car, so is most convenient. In all, a very impressive location. (Difficulty with mobile phone reception generally in this area)

Travelling group: Friends
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing