Reviews (1 183)
1 183 results
1 040
1 040
All reviewsolder partamazing weddingcream tealake districtwedding breakfastwedding partynothing is too much troubleshort breaksister hotelbeautiful hoteldining roomscourse mealstunning viewsopen firewould highly recommend this hotelwonderful stayhigh standard
35 - 40 of 1 183 reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We had our 'Just Us' wedding at Cragwood on 19th June 2018. It was wonderful and so relaxing. We had room 4 which has fantastic views of the lake and the hotel grounds.

Firstly we were blown away with how friendly and attentive the staff were, and not just to us as the people getting married that day. All the staff were chatty and gave the impression that they genuinely enjoyed their jobs.

Secondly the food was A M A Z I N G I didn't realise how good the food would be but it was delicious (hence why we took so many photos of it ooops!).

The morning of our wedding Nadine was organised and calm and helped everything go super smoothly.

The timings of the 'Just Us' package were perfect and we were so relaxed.

We would absolutely 100& recommend the 'Just Us' wedding at Cragwood. It will make your special day relaxed and everything a wedding should be - all about the couple an no one else.

We will treasure our time at Cragwood forever and we hope to come back for our anniversaries in the future.

We miss being at Cragwood x

Room Tip: Room 4 has the best view of the lake and grounds.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank luuluukitty
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I Surprised my Boyfriend this weekend to a stay at Cragwood Countryhouse Hotel for his Birthday and we enjoyed a lovely 5 course meal. Each plate was presented beautifully and you could see the care and attention that went into each dish.

When we arrived the staff were very friendly and helpful, showing us to our room where we found a Birthday Card and complementary Chocolates which was a lovely touch. Staff are very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. They went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable.

We stayed in Room 4 overlooking the lake and gardens. It was light and airy and very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. The only small niggle was that the bathroom was extremely small but for a one night stay this really didnt cause any issue's and the view from the large bay window far outweighed that minor detail so it wouldn't put me off requesting this room again.

The hotel has a real charm about it and feels so relaxed in a very tranquil setting. A real get away from it all break.

We would Love to return in the very near future and would consider a longer stay next time.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We’ve just returned home from a wonderful night away at Cragwood.

It was a last minute birthday treat and extremely enjoyable.

Staff helped my partner by ordering a bouquet of fresh flowers on his behalf. They made sure they were waiting in our room on arrival. I thought the birthday card and chocolates from all the staff at the hotel was also a really lovely touch.

We decided to have afternoon tea and it was to die for! The scones were the best we’ve had and the service was second to none. Our waitress was extremely attentive and helpful.

Later in the evening we arrived early for dinner so that we could enjoy a drink by the open fire in the lounge. Perfect! A very relaxed atmosphere and again, fantastic service.

The 5 course meal was wonderful and full of flavour. It was £39 per person and worth every penny. We have stayed in quite a few hotels in the Lake District but the food at Cragwood was another grade. Compliments to the chef/chefs!

We were served by a Spanish waiter who was very polite and clearly took a lot of pride in the hotel.

We stayed in room 19 which had a lovely garden view overlooking a large pond.

The room itself was beautiful although the only downside was that it was a little cooler than I would have liked. My partner was absolutely fine with the temperature and I freely admit that I feel the cold more than most!

We slept well but if you prefer a soft bed you may find the one in room 19 a bit firm for your liking.

Breakfast was delicious. We both opted for a full English and it was cooked to perfection. Meaty sausages and great toast!

All in all we had a wonderful stay and will definitely be back. I believe the hotel is dog friendly although we didn’t see any four legged guests during our stay. I love animals but for those who perhaps feel a touch apprehensive about sharing the hotel with dogs don’t let it put you off.... there was no smell of dog anywhere! The hotel was pristine!

Keep up the good work Cragwood!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

If you are considering booking a wedding at Cragwood my advice would be, DO IT!

From the minute we arrived we were made to feel very special. The room was fantastic, looking over lake Windermere.

The food is out of this world, previous reviews about breakfast quality and temperature cannot have stayed at this hotel.

All the staff are brilliant and cannot do enough for you.

Book it, you won't be disappointed

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed 13 June 2018

This stunning hotel overlooks Lake Windermere. Our room was lovely and big, clean and comfortable. Tea/coffee making facilities, bottled water and sweets also in the room. Nice bright bathroom with bath and shower. Beautiful terrace overlooking the gardens down to the lake.
The staff couldn’t do enough for you and were welcoming and friendly. A must is to have the 5 course meal in the restaurant, absolutely delicious! Breakfast also very good.
Will definitely return.