Reviews (2 066)
2 066 results
1 186
1 186
All reviews blue smoke leisure club lake view leisure facilities busy road building work hot tub main restaurant lake district lovely hotel steam room wedding venue two night stay lots of choice high standard from start to finish evening meal
117 - 122 of 2 066 reviews
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Visited this hotel with friends last week. The hotel is absolutely stunning and I was allocated a Lime Room with a roll top bath. The rooms are modern, clean and nothing short of beautiful.

The bar area is lovely and has a wide selection of drinks. We stayed B&B and breakfast was tasty with lots of gluten free options - even chocolate muffins!

Can’t fault anything, I will be returning when the renovations are complete!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Michelle C, Deputy General Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear TillzWillz

Thank you for such a perfect review - we are pleased you enjoyed the Lime Lake view room with the roll top bath - we love it too! we are also pleased that you enjoyed the bar and breakfast, espcecilly the chocolate muffins!

We klook forward to welcoming you back to the rsort soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Myself and my other half stayed at Low Wood Bay for one night and I can't speak highly enough of it. The room was clean, characterful and really comfortable. There were lots of lovely little touches, like toiletries in a bag to take away and freshly ground coffee and Grasmere gingerbread with the teas/coffees. I liked the hotel's eco friendly approach. The hotel facilities were great, we used the pool, sauna and steam room both days which were lovely. We also had afternoon tea in the lounge, dinner at Blue Smoke and breakfast at The Windemere - all fabulous. However what really made this hotel was the staff. From the moment we checked in with Sophie to the moment we drove out of the car park with the attendant waving us off and wishing us a safe journey, everyone was fantastic. They really went out of their way to be polite and go out of their way. I've never experienced a hotel in the UK with such lovely, helpful staff. Thank you, you made our weekend away very special and we will 100% return.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 863georgiam

Dear Georgia M

Wow what a fab review - thank you so much, our team read all reviews and find it so rewarding when guests have enjoyed their stay and are happy to tell others about it.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the room and the extra touches - we love to support our local small businesses and by putting their products in the room it means our guests can enjoy them and take them home. I am pleased you were able to enjoy all the resorts facilities and all of our restaurants, it does sound like you had a great stay.

Thank you once aghain for the grat feedback and comments about our team we are very proud of them, hopefuly it wont be long before we see you again.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Having previously walked out of this hotel without staying many years ago (pre its current incarnation) I was slightly unsure what to expect. The hotel has however been refurbished and is currently undergoing further extension. There are building works apparent but I was allocated a room that looked out onto a courtyard area at the back and I wasn't disturbed. The rooms are really comfortable and high quality, complete with Penrith fudge to die for! The views are also amazing from the bar area and those bedrooms I assume which overlook the Lake. Service at breakfast was a little slow and frustrating, probably less of an issue for leisure guests rather than business in my case. One tiny niggle, the reception staff were unable to provide a toothbrush when I realised I'd forgotten my own. A bit surprising for a hotel of this level. However overall a lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Snargater

Dear Snargater

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. It was certainly rewarding to read that after we got it so wrong last time you came back to us to give us and gave us another chance. I am pleased that you like the renovations and found the rooms comfortable and of high quality. I am sorry that breakfast was a little slow and I completely agree we should have been able to provide you with a toothbrush, I can only assume we were awaiting our delivery as we do usually have a stock of toothbrush sets.

Overall I am pleased that you had a lovely and we do hope that you visit us again for either business or leisure,

Kind Regard, Michelle Croukamp.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Me and my boyfriend booked this hotel for a chill out, and thats what we got. A beautiful hotel with great facilities. The spa is very clean and has great decor. We also used the hotel discount to book some water sports, the small motor boat was so much fun across the lake, as you get to drive this yourself. The staff were always welcoming and friendly, and the breakfast was great.
Overall, a lovely stay and i will recommend this to anyone going to the lakes.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear CarrieFurnell

Thanks for your lovely feedback, I am so pleased that you were able to relax and chill out and that you made use of the resorts facilities, the weather has been great for water sports and it really does provide our guests with amazing experiences. The staff were really pleased to read your review we are pleased that you would recommend us.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the futre.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I can't recommend this hotel enough it is absolutely stunning and the staff are wonderful every member of staff was extremely helpful and polite, the pool and spa facilities are excellent, we will definitely be returning in March for our anniversary.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
AlarAllik, Guest Relations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Emma M, Thank you for your review regarding your visit to the Low Wood Bay. I am pleased to hear you had a lovely time and loved all the the facilities. I will pass your comments on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Kind Regards,