“3 times in 1 weekend! Must be good”

The Chief Justice Of The Common Pleas
Ranked #110 of 156 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The building is amazing, former courthouse with cells and courtroom tastefully done. Usual Wetherspoons prices and quality of food. Made better by a very sunny outdoor seating area to enjoy the glorious Keswick Mountain Festival weekend.

We enjoyed breakfast outside on Saturday morning, drinks outside Saturday evening before heading to the festival and lunch on Sunday afternoon, once again outside. The food was the usual Wetherspoons standard and low price and the staff here were extremely customer focused and polite. Great place and value for money!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 031)

88 - 92 of 1 031 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Another new Wetherspoons for us as caravanning in Kendal. We arrived just before 12 o’clock on the 25 June and sat at table 31. The Duty Manager was scuttling around trying to serve at the bar and serve meals. My husband ordered the buttermilk chicken burger served with chips which we have had at various Wetherspoons around the country and enjoy and the menu said it cost £5.85 including a drink. I ordered a portion of mushy peas at 50p extra and got a very tiny portion. Anyway, when the meal arrived we asked the waiter if it was definitely our meal as it had onion rings and bacon on it which it doesn’t normally have and he assured us it was so we thought we had done well. We enjoyed the meal but it kept niggling at me later in the day that I hoped we had been charged what we had ordered. I checked our bank statement on getting home and found we had been charged £15.60 instead of £12.20. Unfortunately when I said I would have the buttermilk chicken my husband decided to have the same and hadn’t looked at the menu. People were coming in the room looking for a table but two had piles of plates on so someone cleared a table and piled them on the other one so they could sit there and ours were still waiting to be cleared as well while we finished our drinks. Definitely need more staff on.

1  Thank vivEngland
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Exactly what you would expect: cheapish basic food; cheapish beer with reasonable selection in good condition; big place. Lacking atmosphere or any personal connection. Does what Wetherspoons does.

1  Thank KindlySturgeon
Reviewed 27 June 2018

On arrival we had to look for a clean table to sit at. When we went to order our food there was a lack of bar staff. When our food arrived it was edible but not inspiring. Give it a miss next time...

Reviewed 23 June 2018

12 hand pulls offering 9 different real ales.

An array of very unhelpful young female staff behind the bar, with no knowledge of service, ales or offers in the pub they work in. None of them have any name badges on, so you can’t complain about them either for their incompetencies.

This is the worst W/spoons pub for service I’ve ever been into.

Food is lovely though & service was quick, though the amount of rice is about one third of a pack of microwave rice I eat at home.

Pub opened since Sept 2014.

1  Thank sportybirmingham