Ravenstone Manor Hotel(Bassenthwaite)
US$78
Highside Farm(Bassenthwaite)
US$113
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

US$110
The Borrowdale Gates Hotel(Grange-in-Borrowdale)
US$312
US$303
Travelocity
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspacked lunchguest houseexcellent breakfasthope parkfew minutes walkdrying roomtown centrejazz festivalrooms were spotlesscrow parkjust returned from a two nightfull englishbedroom windowhot drinksmountain festivalbiscuitsthank you for a lovely
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked in to Appletrees as I was visiting the Lakes for a couple of nights and the price was good. Upon arrival I was warmly received and very pleased with the accommodation. I had a single room and it was very pleasant, clean and spacious. There was a drying room available if I should return back with wet clothing, it is the lakes after all, but I was fortunate to have dried off before returning.
Breakfast was very nice, I had the English cooked breakfast, and that set me right on both days.
Overall a very nice place to stay, lovely hosts and will recommend.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Catherine F, Owner at Appletrees Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here because the guest house I previously used does not accept dogs but they recommended Appletrees just a few doors away,
It could not have been a better choice, everything was faultless.

I received a very welcoming reception upon arrival and nothing was too much trouble for owners Catherine and Jason.
My room was spotless and breakfasts were excellent
There is a well appointed residents' lounge on the first floor with a wonderful view of Derwentwater and the Borrowdale valley.
Fresh fruit and cake are provided in the lounge for residents use.

Catherine's cheerfulness resulted in a very relaxed atmosphere with all guests quickly getting to know each other.

There were two or three dogs including mine and all were well behaved with no barking.
I have stayed in many hotels and guest houses in Keswick over the years and this was definitely the most welcoming, I will be returning again in September.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Catherine F, Owner at Appletrees Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for that fantastic review ! It was our pleasure being your hosts , and we look forward to welcoming you and Lucy back in September

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for the mountain festival. Perfect location looking over crow park and the lake.
Very warm welcome, spacious rooms, immaculately clean.
Wide range of choice for breakfast and early breakfasts on request.
Pack lunches and drying room also noted but not utilised this time.
Parking limited here but a 3min walk to central car park however id advise parking at the rugby club (10min walk max) for £4 per 24hr as opposed to £15 in central....we found this on our last day.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I can't say enough about our stay at Appletrees. First of all, our hostess, Kateryn, was awesome! She gave us plenty of information on things to do and where to go. She was a sweetheart! Then we saw our room! The most spectacular view of Catbells and Lake Derwentwater! We sat and stared for a while. Did I mention how wonderful breakfast was? Would stay here again in a heartbeat! We hated to leave...

Room Tip: We were in room 2...great view!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Catherine F, Manager at Appletrees Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Glad I could be helpful , & so pleased you enjoyed the fabulous views , you're welcome back any time

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a two night stay here and i must say this is a perfect B&B. Kateryn, one of the owners is very welcoming, the whole place was nicely decorated and the rooms were wonderful. There is a selection of hot drinks avilable in your room and the toiletries provided were of a very high quality. We had a lake view room and it was amazing to wake up to the gorgeous scenery seen in the pictures attached. The guesthouse is located a very short walk from the centre which means it is quiet on an evening but easy to access the shops and restaurants. The breakfast was outstanding with a perfectly cooked selection of breakfasts, cereals and fruit on offer. Will 100% be returning, thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Catherine F, Owner at Appletrees Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Thank you for that lovely review , we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future , Catherine & Jason