All reviews four poster bed travelzoo offer steam room and jacuzzi groupon deal evening meal lovely hotel spa facilities set menu birthday treat booked this hotel salmon plenty of parking one night stay room was clean and comfortable lake district food was lovely a lovely stay
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

After spending a night in newby bridge hotel me and my partner decided to stay another night but somewhere else we found the stonecross manor hotel on internet it looked beautiful so i rang and got a so called newley refurbished room for a cost of a 120.00 bed and breakfast but expected for that sort of hotel to be right well we turned up at 5.20pm on 29th sept 2018 to a lovely front view of the manor then we parked round the back to find a scrap pile of rubbish near the parking a chef smoking right outside of the mobile rented refridgerator will tell more on that in a sec . Reception area looked bright and airy a very strong smell of chlorine . The receptionist was pleasant and helpful we were given room 105 on arrival to the room the smell was over powering and walking to the room live electric wires hanging from ceiling went into the room all electrics were dodgy to a point where my partner got electricuted switching the lights on and the kettle did not work as well . After my partner got up from the floor we went to reception expressed the issue and was willing to take another room we were given room 203 a very big room well when we walked in same design only every window frame and cill had mold and damp all over it to a point of things growing the nets were black at the bottom bathroom lovely but the walls in the room had peeling paint all coming off big gaps in the paint i would not pay 120 pound and expect this . The free 2 bottles of water in the room were a joke as one was sealed filled normal with blue top and the other was full to brim no seal and different top and didnt know whats growing in it . We went back down to reception yet again shown the receptionist the room we wanted to leave got told at first manager will ring even tho she was in but the receptionist refunded the deposit of 50.00 . We had to travel 70 mile back home .. total waste gobsmacked and seriously gonna take it further as its a health hazard my partner has a loop recorder in his heart and we are now at hospital coz he is having pains from the swith he got electricuted by

7  Thank Maxine B
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night on 7th September. Great customer service right from them initial call we made to check a few things to the moment we left.

Helen the Manager dealt with the check in and most of our stay and I could not fault the service received by all the staff.

Beautiful decor and very well presented downstairs. More of a dated feel upstairs/in the rooms we were in but it was still nice and comfortable.

There were a few issues, first with the bed and this was immediately taken on board/we were given the keys to/offered them choice of taking any of 2 other rooms. We actually ended up with a better room in return!!

The 2nd was noticing it was a connected room (there first room which we were in) and the door in between both rooms was unlocked (the other room was vacant) however this was immediately taken on board and reported/housekeeping liaised with. They issues were dealt with promptly without any hassle.

The great customer service, warm welcome, great environment/decor downstairs as well as access to spa facilities including a jacuzzi,pool and steam room more than made up for this.
I was very pleased that my religious needs/wishes were taken on board and I was allow to access them pool/jacuzzi in leggings and a vest as opposed to a swimming costume.
It was a relaxing and enjoyable experience in their spa which I otherwise would have missed out on!

Breakfast was amazing with a buffet consisting of bread/toast, various cereals, fruit, yoghurt, croissants, 4 types of juices then a good selection to order (we had the full vegetarian- very generous portion...2xsausages, 2xeggs, beans, mushrooms and a grilled tomato).
There lady serving breakfast was very friendly and accommodating.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and there only bad thing was having to leave!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
stonecross, Regional Operations Manager at Stonecross Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Many thanks for your lovely review of the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your overall stay so much you didn't want to leave!!

I will pass your comments onto the team and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here last year during the start of the refurbishment. Revisited this week and such a difference. Rooms are modern, bright and bathrooms clean and fresh. Breakfast was great and just what we needed.

Loved the transformation of the restaurant, is now a modern and comfortable open space.

Food good and reasonably priced.

Service was excellent again, friendly, attentive staff where nothing was too much trouble.

Would highly recommend Stonecross Manor for a break - well done to the new owners/management - great job

Dear Julia D

Thank you for your comments and pleased you approve of the refurb.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Stonecross again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We picked this hotel because it looked lovely and also because it was on a groupon deal.

We were certainly not disappointed at all.

The room was beautiful, very well appointed and the bathroom was superb.

The breakfast buffet was plentiful and a great selection and that was served alongside anything from a full English to kippers.

Staff service was also very good, the receptionist particularly nice and helpful.

We got a bargain but it is well worth full price and we will be visiting again when in the area.

The owners have done a great job with this place and there is ample parking.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank The_Brightsides
stonecross, Regional Operations Manager at Stonecross Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

The_WDs

Many thanks for your review following your recent stay with us & am delighted you were impressed with our recent refurbishment. I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast as well as service received & look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Stayed last night.. We enjoyed Friday night as we went in the pool and steam room and the desk staff were very nice indeed. however when we went to bed, the heating was off so we were cold... had to wear our coats in the room?... okay, so there was some maintainance going on, but if rooms are not servicable, they should not sell them!
My wife took a shower this AM and the head was not on the unit correctly, so it wet everything in site. then we went for breakfast... having got the the breakast room, we looked around, but no one was about. so we picked a table and sat down. Then a small woman with curly hair told us to get up and wait in reception until they were ready!... I think a bit shocked, my wife did so I follewed here without saying anything. we were then called back 10 mins later after another couple had gone in, sat down and been served!... why these people have to behave this way to paying guests is beyond me.. jobs-worths!... very rude!... breakfast was fine and we checked out. Same woman on check-out.. didn't ask how our stay was or anything, just took the keys and said 'you've nothing to pay'... charming... not even a 'have a nice day' LOL...With my job, I stay in a lot of hotels and most are great.. but for sure won't be going back here whilst this person is employed... pitty as the place it's self is quite nice...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple