US$115
Reviews (2 027)
2 027 results
1 223
1 223
All reviewsgreenhouse restaurantalexanders pubexecutive roomthe main hotelhotel groundslovely groundslovely hotellake districtpool and steam roomhotel barbreakfast staffevening mealrelaxing breakleisure facilitieshigh standardlovely viewfood was lovely
133 - 138 of 2 027 reviews
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here on several occasions and has always been nice but I thought there are a couple of things worth mentioning. The room was nice and comfortable and very clean. The food was very nice, especially the breakfast. We had room service which was nice but the portion sizes were disappointing for the price. I tried to check in online but had problems with the website. I eventually called directly and was offered a price and a deal that didn’t appear on the website so it worked out quite well. When we checked in, although friendly, the person that checked us in offered no information or guidance on the hotel facilities. There was no mention of the refurbishment Work that was ongoing and no mention of Alexander’s restaurant being closed. However, I do still like the hotel and will stay again if I am in the area.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Ben M, General Manager at Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you for this account of your stay with us.

I am sorry that you weren't provided with all the information you should have been on this occasion, your feedback will help in these areas going forward.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Twenty years after our first New Year celebratory stay, we returned to be greeted by Jill, who we met the very first time and also completed our booking on both occasions. It was like old times. Friendly, welcoming yet still professional, Jill’s exceptional qualities continue to impress. Fabulous room with four poster bed & well appointed spacious en suite made the stay feel extra special. Lovely afternoon tea in the Greenhouse with soulful singer crooning in the background add for a great start to the festivities. Just enough time for a swim & a chill out before luxuriating in the beautiful bathroom and preparing or the big night. Welcome fizz & canapés were a nice way to have the meet & greet prior to a sumptuous meal which was delicious and beautifully presented. Service was second to none, they made it look effortless. Band played a range of funky tunes. Midnight fireworks continued to impress. A fabulous night! New Year’s day meal in the Greenhouse was relaxing and the following morning’s cooked breakfast was as good as it has ever been. It was lovely to see so many familiar staff faces - the sign of a happy workforce across the Castle Green family.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

What a lovely review, which I will share with Jill and with the rest of the team. It's fantastic to learn that as we have evolved and developed as a hotel, the same great service and welcoming personalities still shine through. I'm sure others will find this review helpful and we look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully for many more years to come.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Very nice hotel with great facilities. We walked in the lakes early in the day and reached Hotel at Tea time good service nice Bar area on Saturday evening. Good choice of breakfast next morning. A hotel I have already recommended to friends and would most definitely visit again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this review.

I have shared your kind words with the rest of the team and we always appreciate a recommendation to others! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Check in was very easy and the reception staff lovely. Our room was gorgeous and very clean' tea and coffee included.
We stayed for a wedding and thought it all went just perfect, all the staff involved were very attentive. Food was outstanding. We were in bed before 11 so not sure what time the bar closed.
The breakfast was buffet service with tea and coffee offered from waiter. Everything else self service. Thought the bacon and sausage had been there quite a while so not as hot. Everything else was fine. All in all I would probably stay there again as just a couple. Xx

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Blondidi

Many thanks for your review and for sharing your experience of the hotel with others. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

First I was on call out and it was my firm that booked this ,but even the fact I explained my down time I would like a quite part of the hotel , I was put what seemed to be above the Christmas party central with Mr Christmas bell ring hohoho 's guy , then the drunken running up and down the hall and not forgetting the number of failed attempts at gaining entry into my room. To to the point I wished I have got a call out just to get out of the place .room service was fantastic food was good . Staff fantastic and understanding enough said

Room Tip: Make sure there is not party going on
Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry for the disturbance caused by other guests during the evening on this occasion. Unfortunately as you'll appreciate Christmas time is extremely busy in the hotel and our Nights team can't be everywhere all of the time to spot those causing noise and disturbance.
I hope that this won't put you off staying with us again in the future.