“Lovely rooms helpful staff”

Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The castle green hotel has lovely rooms nice and comfy decent size. The staff are always polite helpful and friendly we have stayed a few times now and will go back. Love the spa aswell always worth a visit

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ben M, General Manager at Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Thank you for a 5/5 review!

It's fantastic to learn how you have enjoyed visiting us on more than one occasion and we look forward to your next stay.

Ben Mayou

Write a ReviewReviews (1 910)

69 - 73 of 1 910 reviews

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel on Saturday the 14th of October. The hotel is situated on a hill overlooking Kendal, with stunning views all around. The hotel staff were attentive and helpful and couldn't do enough to make sure our stay was as comfortable as possible. The rooms albeit small, were nicely decorated and comfortable. The issue that made our stay a little disappointing, was the evening meal. The price suggested a very high quality of food but in reality it wasn't that great. My wife had a starter of pigeon breast that was priced at 8 pounds, what she got was the smallest portion of food I've ever seen. Half an over cooked breast, with a tiny bit of sauce. For my main course I had the lamb which came with a small pot of shepherds pie that was watery and tasted a little like school dinners. Not great when we're paying nearly £100 in total for a meal for two with wine. That said, the staff were very apologetic when I explained that I wasn't impressed with the standard. On the flip side the breakfast was one of the best I've ever had in a hotel so it certainly made up for the previous evening meal. Overall, the stay was comfortable but the price of £207 a night was highly inflated for the standard of hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this review and for your constructive feedback.

I'm glad that you found our staff to be so helpful and attentive and I'm sorry to learn that you didn't enjoy your evening meal on this occasion. We feel that our dishes are priced competitively and presented to a high standard compared to other hotels in the local area. We also offer traditional pub food, steaks and grills in our Alexander's bar in the hotel grounds as an alternative dining experience with larger portions.
It is pleasing however to learn how satisfied you were with our breakfast and I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for my partners 50th birthday. We were allocated a room a the back overlooking a bit of a garden but on full view of the building behind that the staff used
so immediately had to shut the blinds which left the room very dark. Pool ok steam room ok. Dined in Alexanders food great though night affected by a drunk couple with terrible language who should have been asked to leave. Breakfast not good very over cooked. Staff were fine. The waiter in alexanders was fabulous. They had a group on in the function room which was entertaining. Wouldn't return though and cost a lot of money

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen R
Ben M, General Manager at Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that your stay wasn't a perfect one on this occasion. It is through your constructive feedback however, that we are able to improve how we do things. I'm sorry that you were disturbed by another couple during the night, unfortunately this is something that is hard for us to police but our night porters usually do a great job of keeping any disturbances to a minimum but I accept that we could of handled this situation better. I am also sorry that you felt your breakfast was overcooked. It is unusual to receive comments of this nature about our breakfast so I will share this with the chef.
I hope that you will give us another try in the future and that we can get another chance to show you why we feel we are good value for money.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Very nice frontage. Lovely Gardens but that doesn't make it a BW Premier. Reception gabbled on 19 to the dozen and half of it went over our heads.

Room was nothing special - and very noisy late at night. The shower was disgusting with black mould on the tiles and top of the shower tray

Biggest bug bear was that there was no mention at all of dietary restrictions and if it hadn't been for the lovely young man in the adjacent bar and restaurant. I would have gone hungry.

I reiterate not up to BW Premier Standards at all

Room Tip: not then we were in
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review and your feedback. I would be grateful if you could contact our Front of House Manager Gail Armstrong direct at the hotel to further discuss the issues with your bedroom and any dietary restrictions that you experienced.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

The Castle Green Hotel was a great venue to hold our wedding reception. Great location for accessibility and great surroundings (the gardens are beautiful). The whole planning experience with the Castle Green team was straightforward and stress free, communication was excellent, made for a great experience. The day itself was hosted perfectly and went to plan, the restaurant service for our wedding breakfast was first class, the food was superb. Would highly recommend!! All of our guests commented about how good an experience they had at the hotel during their stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Thank you so much for this fantastic review of your wedding day and stay. I will share your very kind comments with the team, who worked really hard to make sure your day was a perfect one. It's important that you are made to feel stress free on what is such an emotional day so I'm glad we succeeded with this. I'm sure others will find this review helpful when planning for their big day!

All the very best for the future and we look forward to being able to welcome you back for an anniversary stay in the future.

Ben Mayou

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
1,5 km away
14,2 km away
Beech Hill Hotel & Spa
Beech Hill Hotel & Spa
#17 of 20 in Windermere

Been to Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!